Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0894_0895  (Read 3858 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0894_0895
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0894_0895
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
#894:

Philip's "... and kill!" is no better this time.   Cut to a reaction shot of a statue of a cougar.... he's shocked!   Phil kills a minute fondling and lusting after the Box, while Meg is upstairs checking on the baby.

The Todds' old and new mental worlds just joined seamlessly.... they go straight from speaking in hushed tones about the destiny of the Leviathan people, into banter about the Hitchcock chair, and how it will be their dream come true.

Maggie's redoing the cottage?  What cottage?  Will she live there?

At cairn... Philip:  "I've been this way a dozen times."   On fire?!    This reminded me that Nepal just had a huge event with hundreds of animal sacrifices.   Seems to me the animals are making the sacrifice, so I hope they're reaping the posthumous benefits.

Marie Wallace is great at crazed terror.  We believe it.   "My killer is on his way!!" might sound silly from someone else, but it's a real jolt coming from her.   Cliffhanger...  who is it?  Maybe... Garth Blackwood??   Wouldn't it be a kick if Garth appeared now, and swept through 1969 Collinsport strangling everybody just like he just did in 1897?

(edited by admin)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
The Todds' old and new mental worlds just joined seamlessly.... they go straight from speaking in hushed tones about the destiny of the Leviathan people, into banter about the Hitchcock chair, and how it will be their dream come true.
Yeah, I love that.

I'm wondering exactly where the Leviathan altar is.  But it's a silly question, since the Collinwood estate doesn't exist and there is no definitive map of it.  I've always feel that the front doors of Collinwood and the Old House both face eastward and that the Old House is north of Collinwood, but I keep getting the idea from the show that, assuming both front doors face eastward, the Old House is south of Collinwood - but that just feels wrong to me.

I loved the flat angry tone in which Carolyn shouted "David!" when she couldn't get into the drawing room.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
Magnus, #894/5 is a single episode, and the 2nd part of your comments seem to be for #896.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
Why two numbers for the same episode, Midnite?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
I always figured it was that the 2 separate episodes had to be combined into one because the end of one, or the beginning of another was either lost or damaged.  [santa_undecided] Perhaps that was an assumption on my part...
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 05:37:06 PM »
Several times during the run of the series, more than one number was assigned to an episode to make up for pre-emptions.  (During the first couple of years, a few numbers were simply skipped.)  For this one, it could have been for the previous week's 11/24 pre-emption for the Apollo 12 mission landing or the 11/27 pre-emption by football on Thanksgiving.  But they got caught up later when #919_920_921 was assigned.

Thanks for reposting, Magnus!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 03:59:10 AM »
VO:JB

The log baby makes it's first appearance!  

Does anyone (who originally watched the show) remember when they quit watching the show precisley or what part of the Leviathan the storyline that made you quit watching?

Regardless of his attitude towards acting little DH was a fabulous actor and I think if he had wanted  he would have went far with his career!  I think he is particularly good in these scenes.

Barnabas is freakin' me out as he looks sinister as hell.

"You speak of time my children.  There is only one time for us.  The time of the Leviathan people!" Barnabas

I like those lines! Very hautning!

Joan looks as if she has changed her hair a bit.

Has anyone ever seen a Hithcock chair? Is it a real type of chair?  I suppose I could google it but that is too easy!

So unless one is a Leviathan they can't see The Altar? Does that make Carolyn and Paul Leviathans already?

I still have to say that The Altar is very cool and mysterious! I just love it!

Barnabas is cold as can be but I love how JF is playing him.  I wish more people would have.

Do any of you like The Leviathan episodes more watching them as adults than when you were children/teens?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »
I think I may have made a mistake as well and posted the wrong thing in the wrong forum.  The double number ep's thing confused me too.  If I have I ask the mods to forgive my error! And I will do better.  I am sorry if this is the case!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 04:46:31 AM »
Hopefully, someone can point out what parts don't match up because it looks right to me, but I haven't watched the ep in a long time.  Yet isn't there a scene here in which the chair is shown and talked about?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »
Maybe the Hitchcock chair was the one Tony Perkins' mother was sitting in during that classic film moment when she whirled around and showed us all her lovely puss.    Actually we did get a brief look at the chair at the Old House, but I forget which episode.

"Log baby"... suddenly we're in Twin Peaks!   

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 03:28:39 PM »
"Log baby"... suddenly we're in Twin Peaks!   

The Nagas are not what they seem!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 12:50:13 AM »
Hopefully, someone can point out what parts don't match up

Or not.  Anyway, "the log baby" (lol) first showed up in #893.  Maybe that's what you were referring to?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 08:24:07 AM »
I must have numbered my review wrong! Thankfully I got DVD sets 18 & 19 yesterday and I will be set for a while with the numbers on the menu to help guide me.  I am not trying to make excuses but mind has been heavy lately with some life things but I am trying to keep up with the WP because I just love to chat DS with you guys.  It takes me out of the real world and helps me disappear into the shadows.  Thanks for excusing my mistake and I don't think it will happen again since I do have the Menu's on the DVD to go by. There are not many boards in cyberspace with so many nice and civilized people and I am beyond thankful for all of you.  [8_2_59]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
Has anyone ever seen a Hithcock chair?
I've seen six Hitchcock chairs repeatedly, around the dining table in my house as I was growing up.  They've never been refinished, so they're very unshiny.

The chair that Philip and Megan coveted was sitting in the middle of the foyer of the Old House for one scene.  I think it was before Barnabas took Philip to see the Leviathan altar.  It didn't look exactly like my family's Hitchcock chairs, but it looked as though it could well have been made by the same people, though I don't know anything about furniture.

There used to be a Hitchcock store a few miles from where I live.  It seemed to me that I hadn't noticed it lately, but that could have been me just not seeing things (I'm good at that), so I checked on-line, and learned that the Hitchcock people stopped making furniture in 2006.