Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0892  (Read 3057 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0892
« on: November 26, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0892
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:12:03 AM »
I want to see that book.  I want to see what sort of script it's written in.  I'm sure it wouldn't be familiar to me, but I still want to see it.  Come to think of it, how old is it?  It looks old, but not ancient.  Older, anyway, than the box, which I dislike because it doesn't look to me like anything anybody would look twice at.

Was Megan wearing pajamas when she got her orders from Barnabas?  It looked that way to me, but I was sufficiently involved with the story that I can't remember what it looked like when she got up.  And RobinV says the “infamous afghan” was on Megan's bed, but I didn't notice that, either.

I don't think much of Maggie leaving Carolyn alone to get to know Paul, even in a public place.  Whatever sob story Paul may have told Maggie, he's been gone without a word for 20 years, and should be treated with caution.  But there Maggie was, smiling like a Cheshire cat!  And Maggie's repeated “Have another drink” also irked me.  But I suppose nobody thought twice about that in the 60s.

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:48:56 AM »
The thing escaping from the box went whoosh before; this episode it whistles.   Was the book supposed to have come out of the box?   It's way too big.

In the Collinwood foyer... Yes, hold that smile KLS until it gets really awkward!

The black afghan is on the the Todds' bed.   If I ever see it in my apartment, I'm running.

The bedroom they're preparing for the New Arrival sounds like my bedroom.   The Todds understand something that I've had a hell of a time trying to get people to understand: to get a room completely dark, it takes a lot more than just drawing the curtains.   I've had conversations about my light sensitivity, where sometimes I was trying to arrange for a safe room to sleep in, at someone's medical facility, say, and they kept insisting (stupidly and callously I think) that their room was completely dark with the curtains pulled.   the Todds are really good at darkening a room.

Meg: "Philip, where were you?"   I wanted to hear him say that he'd just walked to the lumber store and back in his jammies and bathrobe in the middle of the night.

Three times in a row, KLS has ended a scene with a cryptic canary-eating grin, to match her bright canary colored shirt.   Her voice drips with significance and she practically winks at the camera....  She also seems to be very much in favor of Carolyn drinking more, which I don't mind like Lydia does, it's just peculiar...  As for Maggie trusting Stoddard, actually, it's nice to think of a time when perhaps people weren't expecting every other person to be a pervert or criminal, and where one might choose to trust a stranger, within reason.  Of course, they're in the wrong town for that....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:13:14 PM »
I agree...that book is WAY too big to have come out of that little box - and fit a scroll in to boot, not to mention whatever is breathing in there all the time.

In this version, the "thing" escapes even before Phillip opens the box. 

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
The Leviathan box is just like Dr. Who's Tardis - small looking on the outside, but amazingly spacious on the inside.  :D  And who knows, perhaps the Leviathans and the Time Lords are somehow related because, obviously, they can both manipulate time.  [wink2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:24:00 AM »
DS 891

VO: KLS

Now how did that big book come out of that box?  Hmm...I suppose supernaturally?  OMG and a scroll as well! Ha...the box has to be cloaked to look small.  LOL  Or something...

I do love the dress that Maggie bought! It's far out!  

Why are Megan and Todd sleeping in two twin beds pushed together? Weird!  It can't be taboo because I am pretty sure [spoiler]Carolyn and Jeb sleep in the same bed later on.[/spoiler] I bet the acid droppers loved this episode!  HA!

Is that Pansy's boa I see lying around in the antique shop?  

New? That is the last thing I the world I would call it!

I have been watching the reboot of V and would akin these storylines to those somewhat! As Magnus said it almost seems futuristic!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »
Now how did that big book come out of that box?  Hmm...I suppose supernaturally?

Why I oughta...!!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 11:29:01 PM »
DS 891
Or, as it's often called, 892.   [santa_wink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 02:10:48 AM »
Sorry about posting the number and then getting it wrong!  I know we aren't supposed to post numbers because it's stating the obvious! However, I  type up my post and I save them on Word and then copy and paste.  Again sorry Midnite! [santa_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 03:01:45 AM »
It's not a problem.   [santa_smiley]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
Boarding up the windows in the upstairs room and preventing outsiders from seeing it are straight outta Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror.  So is, to some extent, the book written in the unknown alphabet.

Philip:  "In darkness it will come. In darkness it will grow."
Megan:  "And darkness it will bring."
Now that's creepy.  More creepiness-- when they blankly stare upstairs.

May I just say that I'm enjoying Chris Bernau's performance?  Yes, I know his line delivery can often fall short (my favorite-- "I'm JUST... PLAIN... SCARED!"-- is still to come), but it can't be easy playing a character that jumps from normal playfulness to hesitance to blind loyalty.  And I think he imbued Philip with a passivity that made him a nice foil for Megan's histrionics.

The black horned gramophone that occasionally showed up in 1897 has turned up in the antique shop.  And a statue that I hadn't seen in the shop before this ep was previously atop the newel post in the Old House, as seen in this capture:
Episode #304

Was Megan wearing pajamas when she got her orders from Barnabas?  It looked that way to me, but I was sufficiently involved with the story that I can't remember what it looked like when she got up.  And RobinV says the “infamous afghan” was on Megan's bed, but I didn't notice that, either.
I know that DS women, as a rule, sleep in their lashes and liner, but Megan's flawless application of bright red lipstick was what I found really distracting in that scene.

What bothered me the most about Maggie's surprise was that she would ambush a friend and then abandon her without knowing what her reaction would be.  Encouraging Carolyn to keep drinking (which I assume was a stall tactic) made Maggie's behavior seem even worse.

The cradle rocking on its own was a rehash from Quentin's old haunting days.  <yawn!>

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »
I took another look at Megan's sleepwear.  It was a nightgown.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 11:59:38 AM »
That's too bad.  I liked the idea of her being in pajamas.

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »
I like the idea of her being in a beekeeper's costume for no reason, but then that's me all over.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 12:32:21 AM »
Maggie's heart was in the right place. Do I think she was right to trick Carolyn like that? No, I don't. As already mentioned, she had no idea how Carolyn would react. I'm sorry but if a man who had abandoned his daughter so many years ago, not bothering to contact her in any way, came up to me and ask me to help him trick her into a meeting with him, I wouldn't be quite so willing as Maggie even if he was a friend of my dad's.

Another point: I can't picture Paul Stoddard and Sam Evans as buddies. I don't recall Sam even mentioning being in contact with Paul (unless I have a faulty memory). I suspect this is another DS example or rewriting history to fit the storyline.