Author Topic: DS on Sale @ Deep Discount DVD!  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
DS on Sale @ Deep Discount DVD!
« on: November 21, 2009, 11:40:07 PM »
Hey Cousins! :)  I just wanted to let everyone know that DS is on sale @ Deepdiscountdvd.com!  I am not a huge fan of buying from second and third parties on Amazon so this is a nice deal while Amazon is not running any specials right now.  If you are like me your collection needs completed and this is a good way to add. Most all Collections are $35.97 and free shipping! I know I want to start buying where we are on the WP so I can continue to participate and then buy Collection 9 because that is where I left when I personally started viewing the show from the beginning episodes! I hope that isn't confusing!

http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?p=Q&srid=S3%2d4&lbc=deepdiscount&ts=custom&w=dark%20shadows&uid=427233240&method=and&isort=score&srt=0;

Your Obedient Servant
Taeylor Collins
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: DS on Sale @ Deep Discount DVD!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 12:02:06 AM »
Dear Mods...I am so sorry I meant to put this in the announcements! Thank you in advance for fixing this!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 04:40:40 PM »
Just a reminder that it's always worth checking Amazon's "New and Used" vendor section for these because they often sell the DVD sets at a price that's considerably lower than Amazon's own listed price.  A year or two ago, I picked up several sets in the $20 to $30 range over a period of months.

Happy Shopping!  as we lurch towards Black Friday...

G.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 07:38:37 PM »
I had thought about posting this, too, Taeylor ... DeepDiscount has these 40 percent off sales two or maybe three times a year. But the sets are still pretty expensive even then. This is a good opportunity if you want to give someone your Christmas wish list - I ordered four sets for myself now, so my family doesn't even need to do the shopping! I will now have 16 out of the 32 sets for the series (at least I think there are 32). So, still a ways to go, and it may take several years at this rate to get the entire series.

Gothick's suggestion sounds good, if you can be sure that the vendors selling DS collections as "new" truly are new. I was able to get the out-of-print Midnite Movies double disk "Twice Told Tales"/"Tales of Terror" from one of these vendors right before Halloween, and it certainly appears to be brand new and never used, with the original shrink wrap.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 07:10:36 AM »
I happened to be looking on amazon for something just now, and amazon has dropped the price of the DS DVD sets since this thread was started -- they're even less than at deepdiscount.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »
Wow - those are some amazing deals at Amazon for many of the DS DVDs!  [santa_thumb]  Thanks for alerting us, Vlad.  [santa_smiley]

(And BTW, the sale at deepdiscount ended on 11/29.)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:52:36 AM »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU VLAD!  I just ordered Collection 18 from a private person who I have had good luck with.  However, I would rather use Amazon directly.  I am headed over there to order a couple more DVDs!  Those are fantabulous deals.  I wanted to keep up with the WP and I had only gotten to Collection 8.  I am gonna skip ahead and order two more to stay with the WP until more deals (an money) are available to me!  This will help me so much!  Again thank you cousin! Glad I went with my gut and didn't order from DD, even though I posted this thread!