Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0883  (Read 1088 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0883
« on: November 12, 2009, 01:55:19 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0883
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:34:47 AM »
Charles Delaware Tate, desperate to retain the talent (I’m fed up with referring to it as his talent), became a devoted slave of Petofi, willing to assist him even in murder - or anyway, Tate was devoted until it looked as though he himself would get murdered.  Pansy, on the other hand, was apparently willing to die so that Quentin might retain his beautiful body.

I can't remember whether or not Julia told Petofi that Barnabas's body had disappeared in 1969.  But if she didn't, then Barnabas could have told Petofi because I’m quite sure that Julia told Barnabas, and then Petofi would have known that Barnabas's body was not exactly the desirable residence he was seeking.[spoiler]It seems possible to me that the Leviathans caused the Kitty/Josette phenomenon in order to pull Barnabas back to 1795 where they could take control of him and send him to 1969 to do their bidding.  If that is the case, then the Leviathans might have been surprised if they had landed Petofi instead of Barnabas.[/spoiler]

It seemed to me that Petofi should be able to control Garth Blackwood with his hand, but I guess I was wrong.  I like the idea that the hand (the extent of whose powers Petofi was unaware, as he himself stated) was what created the being that could destroy it.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »
Crazy Tate stops Charity.  He is such a fool to think that Petofi won't discard him again. 
Barnabas foolishly puts himself in harms way and learns Petofi will take his body to the future.  Blackwoods arrival wakens the sleeping Barnabas who pronounces Petofi "Guilty."  Blackwood throws Charles Turpentine around the room  to create Petofi's pyre.  Charity then has a vision of the scene and see's Q's picture in flames.  Can Charity's vision of the picture be trusted?  I would have been nice to have a scene where they find the body of a man  missing a hand.  It makes one wonder, if the hand was just toying with Petofi all along as it certainly failed him in the end.  It seems the end of Petofi didn't end Charity/Pansy.  Perhaps there was more of Pansy in Charity she let on and  it caused a permanent change.   
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:36 AM »
I decided lately that Charity and pseudo-Pansy (I never quite buy her as really being the soul of the real Pansy) have been living together and getting to know each other for a long time now, and are blending into one another.   Charity is loosening up, learning how to enjoy herself, and Pansy's developing a sense of responsibility.   Actually, those two personalities are very incomplete and unviable separately, but meld them together and you have a pretty balanced healthy personality.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »
Well it seems that Petofi is a goner (supposedly). Did Blackwood go back to hell? I had said that he had become a demon after his murder so a demon wouldn't be so easy to kill...on the other hand, perhaps the flames were too strong for him, and were enough to lure him back to the fiery hot place. I don't know.

I bet Petofi wishes now he had found another way to have dealt with Aristede...Blackwood turned out to be more trouble than he was worth.

I have a question...[spoiler] later we learned that Angelique had gotten her hands on the portrait before Blackwood torched the studio....how? She wasn't in the studio when it was burning. [/spoiler]

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:07:40 PM »
Well, she's a witch...

I don't think that was the real Blackwood.   Tate creates people, he doesn't summon them from Hell.  I think it was a recreation.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor