Author Topic: New Film The Box Written by DC Collaborator Richard Matheson  (Read 681 times)

David

New Film The Box Written by DC Collaborator Richard Matheson
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:40:03 AM »
Don't let the title turn you off: the new chiller The Box with Cameron Diaz & Frank Langella is based on a Richard Matheson story.
Matheson, a horror writer of renown, wrote several scripts for Dan Curtis after DS.

David

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: New Film The Box Written by DC Collaborator Richard Matheson
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »
He also wrote The Incredible Shrinking Man, What Dreams May Come, and "The Enemy Within" for Star Trek, and countless other things.  A  lot of Twilight Zones I think.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:23:50 PM »
Yes, lots of Twilight Zones.  And also, I Am Legend.  Great writer!

I haven't seen The Box, though.   I don't think the reviews have been the best, not that that always means anything!  It sounds like an interesting premise, and at the least, I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Cathy

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:13:50 AM »
"The Box" (under its original title, "Button, Button") was also an episode on one of the remakes of The Twilight Zone .  It was a good, creepy, morality tale.  It worked well within a half-hour context, but I can't envision stretching it into an hour-and-a-half movie, so it doesn't surprise me that the reviews have been negative.  

Gerard