Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0881  (Read 967 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0881
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:16:28 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0881
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:04 AM »
I couldn't help laughing when Garth Blackwood broke loose from his bonds.  It was just one more demonstration of Tate's complete incompetence in a long line of similar demonstrations.

Why is Quentin sleepy?  It's standard procedure for Dark Shadows characters to stay up for days on end and then need a sedative to get them to sleep.

I can see why I had forgotten Pansy's homicidal tendencies.  Towards the end of 1897 she is written as a philosophical sweetie-pie, resigned to the fact that Quentin will never be hers.  What has happened to her?  Maybe the friendship with Judith calmed her down.

I liked seeing Pansy sitting up in bed, blankly staring into space as she contemplated a Quentinless future.  It looked very real.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:10:13 PM »
Petofi sure is souless.  A toast to Aristede's death, then he tells Charles that he could care less about the people who remain behind at Blackwood's mercy and expects Charles to help him.  What if Blackwood comes in and kills his body or Quentin's?   Why does Blackwood not disappear when he is shot?  Another inconsistency.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
Between Petofi and Blackwood, the makeup persn in charge of bushy eyebrows and uni-brows must have been having a field day.   [hall2_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 04:51:36 AM »
I think the friendship with Judith did have an impact on Charity/Pansy. I used to wonder about the change from homicidal jealous woman to self-sacrificing, caring woman myself...but I have to say I like the latter better.

I too wonder about why Blackwood didn't disappear after getting shot....all I can say is maybe the man really is a demon from hell or became one after Aristede killed him. If so, then maybe it's possible that no one even Petofi with all his powers can't dispatch the man so easily as with a gunshot.

I have to admit I like the scene between Quentin and Charity/Pansy. She loves him, but realizes he has to go in order for him to be safe. Would she have been so willing to see him go without her if not for Judith's calming influence on her? Probably not.