Author Topic: OT: Since you asked.... tour Ringo's Pad!!  (Read 1481 times)

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
OT: Since you asked.... tour Ringo's Pad!!
« on: July 25, 2002, 06:01:44 AM »
http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/The%20Pad/

Since some asked about the decorations around my flattened chair the other day.....

If ya wanna see what the rest of the place looks like - at yer own risk  ;) - clik on the above directory to a list of photos of my listening room, the stairway coming downstairs [covered with autographed LP covers], my wall of photos that I have taken of rock stars and later had them sign, my Beatles library [all the books are entirely about the Fabs], a small shrine room full of Beatle stuff. All of the stuff in the Beatles room was made '64 - '66 - most of the items in shot #12 are my original ownership, like the lunch box that I carried in the 4th grade, and the Halloween costume I wore! [there is an entire wall of LP's behind the blanket!], or '68 -'69 in the case of the Yellow Sub or Apple stuff - there is a cloak from the Apple Store in the mirror case. A Monkees corner, and a very meager Dark Shadows collection [look closely and you'll see yer book in there, Mark R!]  There is a couple of photos of the upstairs, too, which almost looks normal, but that is a real, signed Lennon litho, and a real, signed Dali.

I'm not TOO far gone!  ;D
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Since you asked.... tour Ringo's Pad!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 08:59:14 AM »
Great pix, and great "stuff", Ringo![thumb] (Though these are not the kind of pictures I am used to looking for on the internet - ;D[blshy][evily][lghy][heh][wink2]:o)

Big fag that I am, my eyes were drawn immediately to the Nancy Sinatra Boots LP cover...

Dom

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 10:42:46 AM »
Nice Ringo....you go Boy!!! :D

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Connie

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 12:39:33 PM »
http://www.mindspring.com/~winston9/The%20Pad/

Since some asked about the decorations around my flattened chair the other day.....

If ya wanna see what the rest of the place looks like - at yer own risk  ;) - clik on the above directory to...

Oh goody !  It'll be like "Ringo in Archetectural Digest".

:D   -CLC

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 02:24:24 PM »
Ringo,

In a word.....Impressive.......very Impressive! Your collection should be displayed in the Smithsonian.  :)

Bob
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline franimal

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 07:19:54 PM »
Wonderful!!  Most impressive collection, Ringo.  And the animals are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing it with us  :)

Franimal

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 04:37:40 AM »
Thanks Ringo for sharing the pics ..........!!!!!!

I'm Beatle envious now!  I looked really close at the Beatle shots and ........................ it looks like I had some of the same stuff at one time.  Like an idiot though, I threw a lot of the stuff out! I used to have the little Beatle dolls and didn't they have Beatles cards that came with gum?  I vagely remember that.

I do have my Beatles ceramic cup, my black patenleather case with the band on front with their signatures.  It's still in great shape.  A gold plated Beatles half dollar too with their head shots on it.

I still have a few items in storage and all the Beatle albums.  My husband has that same phycadelic poster of the Fab Four or one almost like it.  

GREAT COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!  :)  Lucky You!
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 07:20:56 AM »

I thought I had a huge Dark Shadows collection, but it's nothing in comparison to your Beatles collection, Ringo. What a trip, thanks for sharing! I used to listen to their music a lot in the 70's. I had some of their albums and 45's. My favorite was the White Album. Now, I have some cd's, Beatles #1 Hits, and a couple by George Harrison, and Ringo Star. John Lennon was murdered the year I graduated from highschool. My class song was a song by him called "Imagine". The words to his song are in my graduation program book.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 10:04:10 AM »
Hey, great collection Ringo!! I loved looking at all your Beatles collection.  My brother in law would just go crazy if he ever saw this!! He loves the Beatles so much that he actually has their name and all four of their pictures tatooed on his arms and back!!  You obviously put a great deal of time & effort into your collection and I think that's wonderful!  Thanks for sharing this with us! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2002, 11:42:47 AM »
Ringo -

Well, THIS tour was certainly exhausting...yet fulfilling, somehow...
Your place reminds me of my bedroom walls when I was twelve.  (nothing insinuated there)  LOL
Ya know what you should do?  Open your doors to the public and charge admission.

I'd love to adorn the wall above my computer with images of MY favorite subject matter, but I don't think it would be very good for public relations, re: the husband.

Two years ago when I got back from travelling ALL the way to Hartford just to see a play, my husband announced:
"Well, I'm not David Selby, but I guess I'll have to do."

Mm hmm...I got the message.  LOL

-Connie  (keeping a low profile)   8)

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2002, 11:59:55 AM »
what a DS Collection!!!