Author Topic: Drained of blood but still able to SPY??  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Drained of blood but still able to SPY??
« on: July 25, 2002, 04:22:28 AM »
Alright. . .on the two occassions Julia is attacked by a vampire. . once that vampire is destroyed she miraculously returns to health. . .now, if the poor girl's been drained of her blood. . shouldn't she still be a bit under the weather?  Doesn't she need time to make some "new" replacement blood?  Who else gets drained of blood and then jumps up and is ready to kick *ss once the vampire is destroyed?
Julia99

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Drained of blood but still able to SPY??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 06:02:54 AM »
Ah well, details, shmetails. I think once the vampire dies, the living victim's blood reproduces itself immediately in their miraculous and spontaneous recovery.  ;D
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 06:53:59 AM »
When she first came down the stairs yesterday (I thought it looked like she was trying to sneak out!), Barnabas came over and asked why she wasn't staying in bed.  She said she was still a bit weak, but all right.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 09:32:41 AM »
Alright. . .on the two occassions Julia is attacked by a vampire. . once that vampire is destroyed she miraculously returns to health. . .now, if the poor girl's been drained of her blood. . shouldn't she still be a bit under the weather?  Doesn't she need time to make some "new" replacement blood?  Who else gets drained of blood and then jumps up and is ready to kick *ss once the vampire is destroyed?

I thought the same thing, although Julia did look alittle pale still.  I wondered how on earth she got the strength to get up and go out.

It's funny how the "bite" affects everyone differently. I remember Carolyn running around all over the place after Barnabas had bitten her. She even had the strength to go horseback riding!!  And yet, others like Josette were passing out all over the place. [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 10:14:33 AM »
things don't always have to add up - it is DS! ;D

Offline MrsJ

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 02:59:06 PM »

I think she had blood delivered to her from Wyndcliffe, compliments of any unsuspecting electric shock patients
who had the right type.

MrsJ.

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 05:58:44 AM »
?!?---and whatever happened to those girls on the docks that Barnabas wiped out in one bite????? Shouldn't they have returned as vampires?? One or two of them may have, but I don't remember an invasion of vampires in Collinsport!! At the beginning of the series there were references to many attacks. ::)
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 06:07:19 AM »
???---and whatever happened to those girls on the docks that Barnabas wiped out in one bite????? Shouldn't they have returned as vampires?? One or two of them may have, but I don't remember an invasion of vampires in Collinsport!! At the beginning of the series there were references to many attacks. ::)

I could be totally wrong about this, but I think I remember something about Barn strangling them after biting. That way they didn't die of his bite, therefore did not return as vampires.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 06:28:30 AM »

I could be totally wrong about this, but I think I remember something about Barn strangling them after biting. That way they didn't die of his bite, therefore did not return as vampires.

Which is a darn shame, because I think  ;) it would have been rather interesting to see what males in Collinsport suddenly came down with rampaging cases of um, anemia.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2002, 06:48:54 AM »
they may have been thinking that very thing, about vampires all over, when in 1897

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

it shows dirk getting ready to munch on pansy faye, but at the beginning of the following show, it shows a rope around her neck....p.s...if some of my next few posts seems just rants, its because i am trying to get to the 50 posts   ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.