Author Topic: Mirror---Mirror----  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Mirror---Mirror----
« on: July 25, 2002, 01:25:00 AM »
?!?Angelique's reflection appeared in a mirror today. This must have been a huge goof---unless the rules have changed!! Did anyone else see this??? :o :o
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline MrsJ

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Mirror---Mirror----
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 01:40:15 AM »
?!?Angelique's reflection appeared in a mirror today. This must have been a huge goof---unless the rules have changed!! Did anyone else see this??? :o :o

Didn't watch today, but remember the scene.  I don't think the "rules" changed either, lol.   Just another inadvertent blooper that makes DS so endearing.   ;D

MrsJ.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 04:01:45 AM »
Unless I am mistaken, Angelique consistently sees her reflection in that mirror. While it's likely the writers simply forgot the mirror rule or took artistic liberties and dispensed with it for the sake of the story, there are two other possible explanations:

As we have seen, it's no ordinary mirror; it's a magic one. Perhaps whatever spell is on the mirror allows even vamps to see their reflections.

Either that or the reflection rule doesn't apply to Angelique because she's no ordinary vampire; she's a Vampire Witch.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 04:34:25 AM »

Either that or the reflection rule doesn't apply to Angelique because she's no ordinary vampire; she's a Vampire Witch.

If we are getting picky about the mirror, Angelique is no longer a witch thanks to Nicky. He took away all her powers when she was  Cassandra. Sorry right now that witch factor does not enter into the cause. ;)
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 05:21:23 AM »
:o  Mirror mirror on the wall......no the rules didn't change for vampires.   I like the "magic mirror" aspect instead of blooper.   ;D

The Late Mrs. Collins

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 05:24:16 AM »
The mirror wasn't the magic mirror.  It was one of the mirrors in the lab.  Obviously it isn't a normal blooper, but instead a forgetful mistake on the part of a director who clearly adores shots of people looking through magnifying glasses and being reflected in mirrors.  

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2002, 06:32:54 AM »
---unless the rules have changed!! ?? :o :o

There's no such word as 'Rules' on DS, Nell! ;)

Didn't we talk about Nick's resemblence to Snidley Whiplash before?   Neeahh na nah!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2002, 04:21:18 AM »

If we are getting picky about the mirror, Angelique is no longer a witch thanks to Nicky. He took away all her powers when she was  Cassandra. Sorry right now that witch factor does not enter into the cause. ;)

But she later displays powers seemingly above and beyond vampirism . . .

(spoilers)

She performs a ceremony to send Eve back to 1796; and she also performs a little ceremony to contact her "master" and tattle on Nicholas. It seems to me like even though she's a vampire now, she still remembers her old spells and still has the power to use at least some of them.

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2002, 05:48:03 AM »
;DI like the idea that she's no ordinary vampire. I also agree that there are no rules on DS. Put them together and we most surely could have vampire's reflections in mirrors. Yes, it was the one in the lab. However, I think a partial reflection also appeared a few episodes ago in the "magic" mirror.  
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!