Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0877  (Read 772 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0877
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:43:08 AM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0877
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:17:31 AM »
Aristede  stabs Petofi with a cardboard knife and the crazed Charles informs him of his error.  The talentless Tate moans and groans some more and eventually gets his power to create life back from Petofi.  I wonder who came up with the idea of the talentless Tate who was given his ability only by his master's influence?  The Tate story could have interesting angles, but the focus on this particular one seems made for RD.   Petofi dreams of his first encounter with Aristede and has Tate draw the Master of Dartmoor, who was in pursuit of Aristede and met his death at his hands.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »
Aristede made a huge boo-boo and now he's going to pay for it.

As much as I hate the guy, it WAS an honest mistake on his part. I think even Petofi could have been a bit more understanding. Aristede pointed out he had no way of knowing what had happened. Petofi just isn't capable of forgiveness or understanding under any circumstances I guess.

Come to think of it, Aristede almost made another boo-boo. If he had killed Quentin, he would have unwittingly destroyed Petofi's ticket to the future. Now there I think Petofi WOULD have had reason to do away with Aristede, because Aristede wasn't thinking about what it would cost his master if he did away with Quentin, he was concentrating only on vengeance for having been tricked.

I don't get it....Petofi didn't buy Tim's story that Tate could draw people to life after putting Tate to the test by having him draw a woman and she failed to materialize. Yet he tells Tate to draw Garth Blackwood to bring him to life to destroy Aristede. What happened to convince Petofi that Tate actually did have this talent after all?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »
IluvBarnabas, do we know for sure that Petofi didn't believe Tim's story?  I can't remember.  He said he didn't believe it, but that may have been a convenient way of getting rid of Tim.  And even if he didn't believe it at the time, he may have since come to believe it.  Perhaps when he removed the gift from Charles, he was able to sense exactly what it was.

Aristede did make an honest mistake, but he wouldn't have made it if hadn't been away for a week, not keeping up with events and not helping Petofi.  I don't understand why Aristede was so scared of the vampire's vengeance.  It doesn't ring true to me, but maybe I'm just being blind.  (Or deaf.)  Ever since Barnabas said he would kill Aristede if Aristede had killed Julia (or whatever it was that Barnabas said), however, Aristede hasn't been his old reliable self.  His shelf life has expired, and it is time for Petofi to get rid of him and find another handsome young servant.  Today I started wondering about Aristede's predecessor.  It's reasonable to suppose that the predecessor became unreliable and was dispatched as Petofi is now dispatching Aristede.  Is Petofi planning to take a tour of Shawshank State Prison to choose Aristede's successor?

It was amusing to see Aristede, at his first meeting with Petofi, complaining about Garth Blackwood being a sadist.  It takes one to know one!