Author Topic: Nicholas Blair: DS Greatest Dissembler?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Nicholas Blair: DS Greatest Dissembler?
« on: July 24, 2002, 09:07:31 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

I just loved it when Nicholas banged on Maggie's front door in the middle of the night, explaining to the confused and half-awake young woman that he sensed that she was in trouble, so he had to naturally rush over to aid her in "her moment of need."

I'll tell you, it's a good thing that Maggie did not notice that Nicky B. "just happened" to be perfectly attired in his three-piece suit, even down to his stylish gray gloves at 3:00 in the morning.  You'd have thought that Nicholas would have been in his robe, slippers and jammies (battleship gray, of course!).

Nevertheless, with his usual aplomb, Nicholas was able to "jive talk" the lovely and ingenuous Ms. Evans.  I think that Nicholas may even be better than Barnabas or Julia in his ability to dissemble.  

Of course, we all remember how little Pinnocchio's nose grew progressively longer when the puppet lied.  Well, I have to wonder whenever Nicholas told a "fib," do you think that that prominent "widow's peak" at the front of his hairline, located on the top of his forehead, got progressively longer every time Nicky "fibbed," eventually getting to the point that the "widow's peak" extended all the way down to his eyebrows (thereby, giving Nicholas the "Leonid Brezhnev, one-continuously-long eyebrow look)?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who thinks that Collinsport's favorite warlock might want to pluck his eyebrows a la Gloria Swanson in "Sunset Boulevard" or Michael Jackson in "Thriller."

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: Nicholas Blair: DS Greatest Dissembler?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 09:37:00 PM »
 You'd have thought that Nicholas would have been in his robe, slippers and jammies (battleship gray, of course!).

No, actually I think corpse grey would look better on him!  ;D
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 10:49:34 PM »
Actually, Bob, I think the residents of Collinsport spend entirely too much time running about the place in their pajamas, bathrobes, smoking jackets, nightgowns, and peigniors.

I think it was only fitting of Mr. Blair to dress up for the occassion of a 3am 'bed check' on Maggie!  ::)

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 03:30:14 AM »
Ah, Bob, I do love your posts!

LOL.  Well, what can we say?  Collinsport is the only place on earth where deathly ill young women retire to bed with full makeup, false eyelashes, and shoes.

Or where stately matrons make 100 mile journeys from mental hospitals clad in velvet hostess gowns.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 09:00:58 AM »
I wonder why he didn't just "phone" first?  Or is he like Barnabas who doesn't own one yet? [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"