Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0866  (Read 756 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0866
« on: October 19, 2009, 11:36:57 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0866
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
Quentin's body with Petofi's mind holds Angelique in the cave with the coffin.  He plans to have her sealed in the cave. What fun it could be if she does pull the stake from Barnabas and he rises and why did they not do that before?  It appears that somehow Petofi was able to take away the powers the Devil gave her.
Kitty is wandering with a gigantic key and is rather sharp with Edward.  She plans to leave Collinwood and changes her mind and the writes to her mother using the date 1797?  The Old House reappears after a long absence and Kitty finds herself in Josette's room with  Josette's portrait signed by someone named Coswell and the date 1797.  It makes no sense as Josette was dead by that time.  Kitty waits as footsteps echo in the hall.  A well paced and suspenseful episode.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 03:45:21 AM »
I wrote before that I didn't see Kitty as a golddigger, but now I'm having second thoughts about that. The letter she wrote to her mom pretty much spells out she plans to be Mrs. Edward Collins.

Biggest boo-boo...writing the name Coswell on the painting...we've never seen that before. What importance does it have? I'm willing to believe it was the name of the artist who painted it back in the 1700's...but what does it have to do with the connection between Kitty and Josette?

I never thought I'd ever feel sorry for Angelique, but I do in here. She's powerless against Petofi and Aristede. I guess Petofi's powers are stronger than hers.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »
Petofi threatened to leave Angelique to spend the rest of her life in the cave - at least, that's how it's reported in the Robservations.  My memory says he threatened to leave her to die there, but maybe I was unconsciously leaping ahead.  Anyway, I wondered what the outcome would be.  I don't think Angelique can die at this point, so would she simply stay in the cave for eternity?  Diabolos might rescue her, but I don't think he's that much of a gentleman.  Would she wither away into a cricket like [pause while I go check the Internet, and haven't I mentioned the immortal cricket before in the Watching Project?  Yup, in the discussion of episode 548] Tithonus?  Or alternatively, she might not turn into a cricket, but stay relatively human-looking, and someday far into the future some adventurous kid would discover the cave, and who knows what might happen then?

I was surprised when Charity caved in about Quentin not being Quentin.  I don't think she would lie, so I think she must have felt real doubt.  Her ESP is like a flickering candle, I guess: sometimes it gives more light than others.

Kitty's terrifically brave - or terrifically stupid.  Any sensible woman would have left Collinwood after what has happened so far to Kitty, but she's still planning to snag Edward.

The Old House reappears after a long absence and Kitty finds herself in Josette's room with  Josette's portrait signed by someone named Coswell and the date 1797.  It makes no sense as Josette was dead by that time.
I believe this was a mistake by the writers, but I'm charmed by the idea of a ghost sitting for a portrait.  It's even better than a vampire sitting for a portrait.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »
I always believed that Charity still believed Quentin wasn't Quentin, she simply kept her mouth shut once Edward threatened to have her committed if she didn't stop going on about it. The reason I think this is because she's still afraid of 'Quentin' in the episodes to come. I don't say that her psychic abilities aren't infallible, but she's no dummy.