Author Topic: DS and LIS 2004  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS and LIS 2004
« on: October 04, 2009, 03:06:11 AM »
In 2004, the Warner's network rejected not only the planned revival of Dark Shadows, but also Lost In Space.  Pilots were shot for both, and even though it initially appeared that the two remakes would make the schedule, both went down.  Money was spent on producing both.  Growing up, I was a fan of both original shows and would've rather cut my wrists than miss them.  A few days ago, I watched the entire Lost In Space pilot on youtube.  Unlike the DS pilot, it was complete.  It was decent, but not great, and had its own spin from the original (the Robinsons had four children, instead of three, and Penny was a new-born infant, plus there was no Dr. Smith; there were other differences, but I won't mention them if one wants to watch it without spoilers on youtube). 

So LIS has made it to youtube so fans can see it.  Why not?  It became a dead project so no more money could be made from it - let the fans enjoy it and be done with it.  Why don't they just do the same with the DS 2004 pilot, despite it not being complete?  They can make no money from it, it has been shown at Fests.  Download it, let the fans watch and enjoy it, and be done with it.  Not all of us can afford to attend a DS fest to see it.  What's the matter with these people?

Gerard

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: DS and LIS 2004
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:09:16 AM »
For what it is worth, I entirely agree.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:11:08 AM »
Thanks, I always wanted to see that pilot!  But do you know anything about the target audience?  The teens I know are too sophisticated for that.  (I spied bits of Pegasus, so you might guess where my tastes ran.)

I guess it was slightly more complete than the WB's DS, but LIS lacked credits too, the special effects weren't finished, and I'm not sure the music always fit.

Count me in as someone who wants to see the DS pilot released.

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 01:33:55 AM »
I would definitely want to see the pilot of DS! And what a great idea to put it on you tube!    [8_1_202]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 07:16:06 PM »
I used to watch Lost In Space, as a little girl too, in in syndication. I remember I used to be afraid of Dr. Smith, I don't know why, but I've recently watched the show again recently, and I can't believe I was ever afraid of this guy. He's a cartoonish buffoon.

Still I can't imagine a LIS without Dr. Smith. Even the 90's version had the character in it.