Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0857  (Read 1272 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0857
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0857
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »
The expression on Quentofi's face in this scene is priceless!  [lghy]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:16:55 AM »
It was funny when Petofi told Aristede he'll have him try the I Ching.
Edward says he'll marry Lady Hampshire  because she is wealty.  Does that make him a golddigger also?  
Petofi's body tries to tell Edward he is Quentin. Surely there is some way he can convince him who he is and get this out in the open.  Interesting camera angles in this scene,
Aristede gets a dock girl.  She's history.  Yes, she turns into a skeleton.  I keep thinking that there has to have been a better skeleton or at least skull out there.  My brother had a ceramic bank that looked more realistic than that.   [skelleton_runs]  This would have been better.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »
I loved the horrified expresson on Aristede's face when Petofi suggests he'll let him be his next guinea pig in testing the I Ching. And Aristede's answer "I hate to think what you would do without me" is hilarious, because he's so full of it and only thinking about the consequences to him, and Petofi and the viewers know it.

Yes, why didn't Quentin in Petofi's body think to tell Edward something that Quentin would know and Petofi wouldn't and have him test it out [spoiler] like he had Evan Hanley do a few episodes later? [/spoiler] I guess he's still bewildered by what's happened to him. But telling Edward he was Quentin without anything to back him up does make him sound like a crazy old lunatic.

Loved Wanda Paisley. As corny as the skeleton was, it was still chilling to see her scream as she came face to face with it.

I thnk Edward honestly cares about Kitty, but at this point he wants to do anything to overthrow Trask as master of Collinwood.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:23:10 PM »
Dear God!  Wanda Paisley.  Supernatural horror on DS at its finest.

The wig on that skull is truly priceless...

G.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
I'm happily imagining a world in which old ladies, instead of playing Mah Jongg, play I Ching, and skeletons start appearing all over the place.

Quentin should have remembered that Edward thought better of Petofi than of Quentin.  Quentin should not have tried to persuade Edward that he was Quentin, but instead told Edward that his current lodgings weren't working out as well as he had hoped, and could he possibly persuade Edward to let him come back to Collinwood.  Then at least he'd be able to keep a closer eye on Petofi.  Instead, here he is once again beating a dead horse (or vampire) trying to persuade Edward that Petofi is the bad guy, not Barnabas, and on top of that trying to persuade Edward that Petofi isn't Petofi.

How much are our identities defined by our bodies?  From the day he achieved consciousness, Quentin has used his handsome body and his charming smile to get what he wants, and now he has neither, and he doesn't know any other way to manoeuvre.  Or that's what I'm guessing.  He just can't imagine his Quentinness not shining through any physical disguise - when his physicality has largely been what defined him.

Trask is worrying about money.  What does he want the money for?  Or, alternatively, how large is the Collins fortune at this point?  Is it big enough for both what Trask wants and Edward wants?  Or is that an irrelevant question?  I suppose Trask just can't let go of anything once he has his hands on it, including Judith's money.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 01:52:05 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
     1. Once again, Quentin in Count Petofi's body tried to convince someone else (Edward) that he was really Quentin! Of course, Edward didn't believe him, either. [ghost_rolleyes]
     2. This was the episode when Wanda Paisley was turned into a skeleton while in an I-Ching trance.  [ghost_shocked]  
     3. Edward told Count Petofi in Quentin's body that HE was a gold digger, too! [ghost_wink] Edward planned to marry Lady Kitty to get her money! Surprise! Both Lady Kitty and Edward didn't have any money! [ghost_cheesy]

I agree with you, Lydia, about what Quentin should have done. It was a much better idea for him to try to stay at Collinwood as Count Petofi and keep an eye on Petofi. It's futile for Quentin to try to convince people to believe such a fantastic story.  [smile_groan]

Poor Wanda didn't stand a chance! They could have used a better skeleton and wig! [ghost_rolleyes] Blooper Alert: I heard Wanda's screams after she was a skeleton! [signerror]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]