Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0856  (Read 1204 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0856
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:55 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0856
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:06:45 AM »
One could see this coming as Beth forsakes Petofi and kisses Quentin with Petofi's mind.   Grayson Hall coughs enthusiastically offstage.  Aristede taunts Petofi with Quentin's mind.  Petofi needs Quentin's body in the future as a host.  I already see problems with this scenario, but maybe, they will be successfully explained later on.  One wonders why Petofi with all his powers did not correct his eyesight and try to make himself look less grotesque.  If he just had shaved off the beard and ridiculous mustache, then get a haircut,the gypsies would find him unrecognizable.  It just seems totally ridiculous that Quentin cannot come up with some things to tell people so that they know who is really is.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »
It just seems totally ridiculous that Quentin cannot come up with some things to tell people so that they know who is really is.

I agree...that's the very first thing that Quentin should have done. But I suppose he was in such a horrified panic that he went from being one of the most sexiest men alive to one of the most ugliest men alive he wasn't thinking clearly. [hall2_grin]

Talk about bad timing, Beth deserts Petofi to go to Quentin, except now Quentin is Petofi and Petofi is Quentin. Petofi lucked out, while Quentin just can't get a break. [hall2_embarrassed]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »
One wonders why Petofi with all his powers did not correct his eyesight and try to make himself look less grotesque.  If he just had shaved off the beard and ridiculous mustache, then get a haircut,the gypsies would find him unrecognizable.
I don't think we ever got an answer on the eyes.  It's easy to imagine that he was unable to fix his own eyes, or else that the repair of his eyesight would necessarily involve a diminution of his other powers - but nothing was ever said.  As for the hair issue, I noticed today that Quentin's hair looked bushier than usual, and I was wondering if Petofi likes big hair.  And the beard and mustache may be hiding scars from the wound that affected his voice.  I've always thought that the first thing Quentin should have done was to pay an extended visit to a barber, but he might have gotten quite a surprise if he did.  And maybe he thought that it would be easier to effect a reverse body switch if he returned Petofi's body in the condition in which he found it.

I was wondering how Petofi will deal with Angelique now that she expects him to marry her (little though she knows who it is whom she would now be marrying) within the week, but I suppose his idea is to be out of 1897 and into 1969 before he has to say "I do."  He's seen enough of I Ching weirdness, however, to know that it may take some time.  Will the I Ching recognize Petofi in Quentin's body?

When Aristede was taunting Quentin-in-Petofi with the glasses, I was thinking that it was very unwise of Petofi to encourage this.  He thinks he'll never be back in that body again, but strange things can happen, and if he ever does go back to his original body, Aristede will have the memory of being powerful over that body.  I'm sure Petofi thinks he can deal with this unlikely eventuality - but I still think he wasn't wise today.  Oh, well, just as Quentin was so horrified that he was unable to think clearly about how to persuade people that he was Quentin in Petofi's body, so might Petofi be so exhilarated to have succeeded in Step 1 of his plan that he would be a little careless.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 12:54:27 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Count Petofi was successful with the mind switch! Quentin is now Count Petofi and Count Petofi is now Quentin! [ghost_shocked]
2. Count Petofi in Quentin's Body got "back together" with Beth.  [ghost_tongue]
3. Quentin in Count Petofi's Body tried to tell Magda and Beth what had happened, but they didn't believe him. [ghost_sad]

That would have been a horrible thing for Quentin to wake up and have Count Petofi's body! He went from being "sexiest and handsomest man alive" to "oldest and ugliest man alive".  [ghost_undecided]

Another great episode! Great acting by Thayer David and David Selby! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]