Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0854  (Read 1595 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0854
« on: September 23, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0854
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 06:34:05 PM »
Wow! What a great episode. I always liked that little scene between Quentin and Lady Kitty. It shocks me that, after Quentin made those remarks,
[spoiler]she could never figure out that Quentin was actually Count Petofi.[/spoiler]
Unfortunately, this episode marks the beginning of the end of the good storylines for this time period.
[spoiler]I always thought that Q-tofi was not well-written - that the writers never wrote as they would for the character if it was played by the original actor. Because of that, the storyline gets a tad boring, but so be it - I still watch it.[/spoiler]
Beth's attitude is very strange. Of course, she could never play the vinditive woman very well, but she seems almost worried, but she made a vow to Count Petofi, so she'd better obey it! And Aristede, always bringing up the fact that Petofi is confiding in him instead of Beth - he feels so jealous and threatened by this new person who was brought in to replace him.
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:48:16 PM »
It is interesting that Kitty thinks that Q's ring is like one her husband wore.  I can't be the same one since the gypsies had that one.  Did Petofi have more?   Why is it so important that Gerald died penniless?  It would seem that she could get more mileage out of being destitute in her quest to snare Edward. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:04:40 AM »
1897 does pick up at the end, as all the characters [spoiler]drop like flies.   Aristede being duped into attacking Petofi by Q was funny, too.   Q and Chariry at the end was nice.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 03:25:52 AM »
True - but until then, we still have to endure
[spoiler]a thousand episodes of of Peto-tin running around, claiming that his mind has been taken over by Q-tofi. [hall2_rolleyes][/spoiler]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:04:21 AM »
I don't find Beth's attitude so strange...I think she still loves Quentin but is trying hard to fight those feelings.

It always amazed me that Kitty [spoiler] didn't believe Quentin when he was trapped in Petofi's body and he tried to convince her who he really was. [/spoiler] She should have remembered this exchange between them. But then again, she was, so to speak, being 'haunted' around this time so I guess I can see how it wouldn't click with her later on.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
It is interesting that Kitty thinks that Q's ring is like one her husband wore.  I can't be the same one since the gypsies had that one.  Did Petofi have more?   Why is it so important that Gerald died penniless?  It would seem that she could get more mileage out of being destitute in her quest to snare Edward.
The ring's resemblance to one of Gerald's is certainly mysterious.  I think it may be the clue to why Petofi drove Gerald to suicide, but I can't follow the clue to any logical explanation.

As for Gerald dying penniless, that's the last thing Kitty wants Edward to hear.  Even he could figure out that Kitty wanted him for his (supposed) money, not for himself.  If Kitty were to sit down and have a heart to heart chat with Trask about the family finances, would she still be interested in marrying Edward?  Or did Gerald have some other dear friends who might prove useful?

The seepage of Petofi into Quentin was interesting to see.  My mind was caught by the idea of having definite knowledge - like Quentin's knowledge that Kitty was lying about her motives - and not knowing where that knowledge comes from.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 06:45:34 AM »
Wow! I am so behind! [ghost_shocked] Oh, well... 

Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. It was revealed that Count Petofi found Aristede on the streets of London.
2. Kitty told Quentin that the ring he was wearing was the same one that her husband wore.
3. While Quentin's mind was momentarily taken over by Count Petofi, he knew what Kitty was up to.
4. Count Petofi blinded Quentin and then made him see again to demonstrate his powers.
5. It was revealed that Count Petofi had Quentin's portrait. He said he took it from whoever stole it to protect Quentin.
6. At the end of the episode, Count Petofi started to go into a trance in his final stage of the mind switch with Quentin.

I love Quentin's laugh while he was Count Petofi! Such a hearty laugh! [ghost_cheesy]

One discrepancy was when Quentin said at the beginning of this episode, "It won't come off!" He didn't say that at the end of the last episode.  [ghost_rolleyes]

I agree that Beth still loved Quentin, but she was trying not to.  [love9]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]