Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0853  (Read 3241 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0853
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:58:26 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0853
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »
Today we get the many loves of Barnabas Collins.  Angelique's line, "She reminds me of someone I loathe."  In the present tense even though Cosette is a hundred years dead.   Does that mean that her pursuit of Barnabas is more out of hatred for Cosette than actual love of Barnabas?   She appears to be over Barnabas but not her hated for Cosette.   
Then there is her scene with Julia where they appear almost friendly, but Angelique must realize that Barnabas would never be interested in someone Julia's age or with her capabilities. 
Is Angelique behind the apparent possession of Kitty?  It seems to make her more appealing to Edward.  Are the writers giving acknowledgement to the boys Jamison's age who had a crush on KLS? 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 05:16:31 AM »
Angelique's line, "She reminds me of someone I loathe."  In the present tense even though Cosette is a hundred years dead.

Josette has been dead about a hundred years at this point in time, but I don't think you can use the linear passing of time when discussing Angelique's memories.  From what we've seen so far, Angelique has not spent much time on earth since Josette's death, and that includes the time she came and went as a ghost during Vicki's trial, her time as Cassandra and existence as a vampire, and the brief time she spent after that in 1796 before Ben got rid of her.  Through the rest of her existence post-1795, and up until Evan and Quentin summoned her out of the fire (notwithstanding the revelations of 1840), Angelique has been in hell.  Does time pass in hell?!?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:05:09 AM »
Does time pass in hell?!?

I'm sure the time just flies by!

Good point about Ang's experienced time, though by 1897 she certainly sounds worldly and seasoned by life.   She talks about she and Barnabas encountering each other in different eras in epic terms, hard to avoid maybe, when jumping around amongst centuries, except that not much time seems to have passed for her personally, except maybe in Hell.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:51:25 PM »
I've been thinking about the way Angelique behaves in 1897 and it seems that [spoiler]she could be the Angelique of the Leviation time where she has moved on[/spoiler]  This to me would explain her change in attiude towards Barnabas and her involvement with Quentin. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05:48 AM »
That sounds good in theory, but it doesn't explain why
[spoiler]Angelique bought Q's portrait in 1969. She said that she bought it to remind her of Quentin and Barnabas, and how could it remind her of Q if she hadn't even been to 1897?[/spoiler]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 04:41:10 AM »
I've been thinking about the way Angelique behaves in 1897 and it seems that [spoiler]she could be the Angelique of the Leviation time where she has moved on[/spoiler]  This to me would explain her change in attiude towards Barnabas and her involvement with Quentin.

I'm with fanforever on Angelique's chronology, but I also think your example is evidence that she [spoiler]takes a bit of a shortcut between the last sighting of her in 1897 and her reappearance during the Leviathan story.[/spoiler]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »
That's  interesting that she buys that.  I don't recall that purchase as I have only seen some of 1841 parallel time and some of the Leviathon since fourty years ago.   My theory would give the writers more credit than they seem capable of anyway. One would have to assume there was a long term plan for the show.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 06:09:04 PM »
Though she didn't buy it; it was given to her [spoiler]as a wedding present from Sky.[/spoiler]

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 05:07:41 AM »
Only because
[spoiler]she insisted on staring at it for hours on end every spare moment she had! It wasn't as if Sky had decided, "Oh, this seems like a nice painting for Angelique . . ."[/spoiler]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 05:48:32 AM »
Well, she is a puppeteer.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 07:21:46 AM »
And Sky is wooden.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »
 [pointing-up]  [stfl]  [thumb]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
Didn't Geoffrey Scott beat out the drawing-room doors for Most Wooden Performance in the entire history of DS in a certain competition?

Some of the day players were pretty wooden.  Remember that hapless mortician who called one day and asked to see Mr. Jonathan?

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 06:41:07 AM »