Author Topic: Fest Report / was Re: Time to "sign in".  (Read 11329 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Fest Report / was Re: Time to "sign in".
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
we did our skit, though there were some technical difficulties (grr, always is) it went alright.  It was funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfW9CPw1-pA&annotation_id=annotation_465732&feature=i

Bobubas -- Jason
Christy -- Liz
Evan Hanley -- Minister, Willie
Chelsy --  Vicki
JosettebyCandlelight -- Maggie/Josette
nightshadows342 -- Carolyn
Selby_D._Pearson -- video

"Oh woe are we, trapped in TV"  lol

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2009, 09:28:05 AM »
My goodness! What a time you had with Old Man Karlen! To think what a shabby time I had with him, compared to yours!
I am fortunate to have spent time with Pop at Sleepy Hollow and at some dive diner where JK called me a Hilbilly just because I put ketchup on my eggs. Mercy me, how fortunate you are to have the old man take a liken to you, if this is so.
I have had the great opportunity to speak with John on several occassions; he was often interested in what Niki and I were cooking on the weekend. Niki had a plaque made for John regarding his service in the Korean War. The plaque is sitting in Aiken SC and John is very proud of it. I still hear from John from time to time. Niki adored him, as he did her. The last time we saw JK, we went for a walk with him through Brooklyn. My angel is passed now. I take geat pride that John knew that Niki was his greatest fan.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »
These are all great reviews of the fest! I love reading about everyone's experiences and what memories they brought back with them.  I also adore John Karlan and a few years back in Calif. when the fest was near Disneyland I got a chance to have some one on one talk time with him when he joined me for breakfast. Since he invited himself, how could I resist!! He was simply charming and sat with me about an hour chatting about NYC mostly and we talked a little about Korea since my dad was also in the war. Oh, and he ate a piece of my toast. [ghost_grin]
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline nightshadows342

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Fan Videos
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 06:08:24 AM »
Niki had a plaque made for John regarding his service in the Korean War. The plaque is sitting in Aiken SC and John is very proud of it. I still hear from John from time to time. Niki adored him, as he did her. The last time we saw JK, we went for a walk with him through Brooklyn. My angel is passed now. I take great pride that John knew that Niki was his greatest fan.

Aw, That's such a sweet story about Niki.  That sounds like fun, he's always got something interesting to say.  I'm really not sure why he likes us so much, he says we're "different"- "I've never met anyone like you guys." ha!
Johnnie is always eating other people's food, he drank someone's iced-tea from the festival table saying, "I don't care if someone spit in this, I'm thirsty."  Last year he made me laugh because he kept presenting me and my sister with chocolates from the room that were left on the pillow... then he said, "Here, take this.  There's too many in here." he gave me all these shampoo bottles that were on the counter.  The day after that, he exclaimed, "The maid came in and replaced all of them! It's like they were never gone!"
Dark Shadows Fan Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/scareolyn

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2009, 03:03:25 AM »
Thanks so much for that wonderful report! What a great time you had with JK! He seems like a real kick!
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »
Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile

Offline nightshadows342

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Fan Videos
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2009, 02:32:32 AM »
Yes!  It's such a silly play! 
It was even made more funny by the fact that Ryan (playing Willie) forgot his line, because John Karlen had announced that he knew all his lines to the crowd that very same day!
Dark Shadows Fan Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/scareolyn