Author Topic: Nicholas Blair: Egomaniac or Idiot?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Nicholas Blair: Egomaniac or Idiot?
« on: July 15, 2002, 10:12:37 PM »
Why does Nicholas keep giving Angelique so many second chances? How many times has she promised to follow his orders, only to turn around and disobey him the moment his back is turned? It was a collossal mistake for Nicholas to bring Angelique back as a vampire - he should have left her "dead" after he removed her powers, let her age and die. It seems like he never learns his lesson.

Is it Nick's enormous ego that convinces him he can control her and that she poses no serious threat to him because he thinks of himself as being so vastly superior? Does he keep her around simply to continue feeding his ego with the power of that control? Or does Nick perhaps have few lustfull thoughts where Angelique is concerned? Does she have to be his slave in other ways??

In any case she is his downfall and if he were a tad more careful, or smarter, he would have dispensed with her. Why do you think he keeps her around?

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
Re: Nicholas Blair: Egomaniac or Idiot?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 11:33:57 PM »
Why does Nicholas keep giving Angelique so many second chances? Or does Nick perhaps have few lustfull thoughts where Angelique is concerned? Does she have to be his slave in other ways??

Yes, my guess is that Nick has a soft, lustful spot for the old gal.  Not sure if the attraction has been acted out on - my guess is that Nick might consider an amorous fling with Angelique just a tad too risky.  After all, he was the one who kept reminding her how her love for Barnabas has made her weak and incompetent.  

Nicholas and Angelique would certainly make a handsome couple; both share the unique distinction of being both attractive and creepy-looking in roughly equal parts.  Not to mention being servants of the same [evily] master, alas!
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 11:54:00 PM »
My theory is that Nicholas did want to get rid of Angelique permanently, but his master wanted her to remain on Earth for reasons of his own.

Offline ms._hoffman

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 12:50:14 AM »
I've wondered about Nicholas' feelings towards Angelique also.  Notice he is always touching her which I don't notice with any of the other female characters.  Not even Maggie.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 02:17:03 AM »
Well, he ain't stupid.

Honestly, I don't think he MINDS betrayal, he expects it. He does think he is smarter than she is and he plans to be one step ahead of her. I think she amuses him and he enjoys the game aspect of their relationship. I suspect they go way too far back for it to be a physical attraction, though it may have started that way and retain some of the elements.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 09:02:33 AM »
Im sure that for whatever reasons Nickolas had for bringing Angelique back, he first had to get permission from his master to do so.  I also feel that Nick is using this as a kind of punishment for her failure in the whole dream curse thing and also for not getting Barnabas to forgive her.  He does seem to enjoy his control over her though.

I also feel that he had some kind of lustful feelings towards her before because of how upset he got when he found out about Barnabas' proposal to her.  However, now that he's set his sights on Maggie he's beginning to realize what a help she can be to him by using her to gain control over Joe Haskell.
"Calamity Jane"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 03:26:41 PM »
I think Nicholas enjoyed having power over Angelique and lording it over her that's why [spoiler]he brought her back as a vampire after killing her off as Cassandra.[/spoiler]

Nicholas believed he was superior to Angelique/Cassandra as far as scheming went but [spoiler]she got the upper hand on him when she ratted out his feelings for Maggie to their master. Love was not to be tolerated
by the forces of evil after all.[/spoiler]

Offline Willie

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 02:34:14 PM »
I've always thought of them more as brother and sister.  Big brother Nick is always bossing around and being mean to little sis' Angelique, and she's always trying to get back at him and do stuff behind his back.  I think they both enjoy the game aspect of their relationship very much.  I know I certainly did.  [spoiler]In the end, when she reports to Diablo that Nick is in love with a mortal, it was very much like a kid tattling to mom and dad.  And that's the only way to put big brother in his place.[/spoiler]  Even that wasn't so much his "downfall", I imagine him as being involved in a dozen other world domination schemes since we last saw him in Collinwood. 

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 06:03:41 PM »
Willie, I agree with the brother and sister act.  Nicky was telling Angelique what to do and if she didn't do it, he would "tell Diablo" (mother-father) about something else she would have done and got her into trouble and vice-versa.

I think they both enjoyed having the other one around so they could be,not snarling mean, but just bossy mean to Nicky or Angelique.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.