Author Topic: Special question to all the veteran DS fans!  (Read 2868 times)

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Special question to all the veteran DS fans!
« on: July 15, 2002, 11:23:15 AM »
I am seeing the series for the first time, and am wondering if the show is just as entertaining for the remainder of its run.  Do the storylines that follow pique interest?  I certainly hope so, because i really have enjoyed DS so far, i enjoy it loads, and i would be sad if it became less interesting or entertaining.  So basically, without telling me any future plot details, do the future episodes hold up to the ones we have seen recently on scifi - i think it is about 1-560 or something - almost at the halfway point.  

*Hoping for the Best* :D

Connie

Re: Special question to all the veteran DS fans!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 11:42:59 AM »
I am seeing the series for the first time, and am wondering if the show is just as entertaining for the remainder of its run.  Do the storylines that follow pique interest?

Believe me...you ain't seen nothin' yet.

-CLC   ;)

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 11:53:13 AM »
cool :-*

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 06:17:36 PM »
Welcome to the DS Forum Perankh  :)
Connie is right. There are lots of great storylines
coming up.
My favorite is 1897 ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 06:50:37 PM »
Hi Per'ankh, Keeper of the House of Life (cool name),

Althought the current 1968 storyline (now being show on Sci Fi--we call it "1968" because it was set in the present day and first broadcast in that year) is my sentimental favorite, my all round favorite storyline is the Leviathans, which is still many months away.

I think the storyline which follows immediately after the current one is one of the best on DS, and after that comes the legendary 1897 storyline which is many folks' favorite.  

Just to give one fan's opinion--the best is yet to come!

Steve

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 08:37:51 PM »
Welcome to this lovely place Perankh, :D
The following storylines will improve greatly in the near future... the most interesting beginning shortly after the Collins' welcome a young patient from Julia's former place of employment, which is second in my personal list of favorite storylines...I hope you post often,  and I look forward to reading your thoughts and observations... above all  ENJOY!
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2002, 09:39:56 PM »
Welcome Perankh!

I think the show is like a ride thru a carnival fun house, and sometimes ya gotta hear the clackedy clackedy clack of the car going up the hill to next 'Wheeeee' part of the ride!

This section is great for the Stokes stuff, and there are some funny Nick moments [ya have to see the humor in some of this stuff too!]  And there are some ups [and some downs ~ for sure!] coming soon, so stay glued to your red patent leather couch, buckle yer seat belt [or straight jacket, in some of our cases] and stay with it.  If this is your first exposure, let us know what ya think as the stuff progresses.  Us oldies have seen it so many times now [3rd time or so thru for me] we watch it differently - not just for the story! [in some cases just for a flash of panties!]

Welcome again to the nuthouse! [ and WARNING we get closer to the Levies everyday!]

cheers,
Ringo [jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 09:49:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Perankh. What is the significance of your posting name, and whose picture is in your sig file?

As you've already read, the most popular part of the series is coming up. DS ran from 1966-1971 and ratings-wise it peaked in 1969. The episodes now airing on Sci Fi are from 1968, so the "best" literally is yet to come.

Of course you also know that the series was eventually cancelled so no doubt you're wondering if it started to go "downhill" eventually. I think you'll find something to enjoy even during the series' weaker moments though. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 01:44:29 AM »
Good question! DS is a fan's delight, it is ALWAYS wonderful, even when it is bad. There are storylines that I care for much less than others, but I still love it. I have watched all of the series at least once now (the earliest portion had only fairly recently been run by Scifi), most of it twice, and some of it three times. That is not counting my original off and on fickle watching.

I find that I really change in my perception of a story line. Things that bugged me no end last time like the dream curse, were just amusing this time. So far, I hate Adam every time I've seen him. But, not watch? Perish the thought! There is ALWAYS at least something going on that is greatness. Unfortunately, the reverse is also true. I love 1795 (which you may have missed?), but then you do have Vicky and Peter Bradford stupidly messing up the perfection. Ah well, such is life in the Collins family.....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 04:58:21 AM »
HEHEH ..... *evil laugh* quuuueeennntiiinnn ... *evil grin* *goes off laughing to herself*

Yes, it gets better ^________^

*more evil laughter*

~Daphne [crazy] [nuts]
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 05:15:10 AM »
Yes, it gets better ^________^

. . .And better and better.  In my opinion, "the best is yet to come."

Brian

Offline Perankh

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 10:47:39 AM »
Dr. Eric Lang: It means House of Life in Ancient Egypt, which for them was essentially a library full of texts and various other assorted writings written on long papyrus scrolls.  Young men would many times train at these locations to become scribes.

That person is Alejandro Sanz, a singer/songwriter from Spain.  He won 4 Latin Grammy's last year.  Very talented and sexy as well. :o

Gothick:  How did u know that?;)  Have u taken Middle Egyptian or perhaps classes in egyptology?  Or are you just a reader of books on the topic? ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2002, 06:27:28 PM »
Em hotep, Per'ankh!

My major in college was Egyptology.  Tells you what lovely people I have for parents, that my Dad didn't just take me out and shoot me when I informed them of my career choice.

I wound up a library assistant.  I read with a diligence generally associated in our society with physical training and hair care product application.  I've tried to stop but I can't.

Fortunately, in my early 20s I learned how to meditate; otherwise, by now, my brain would probably be worn to a cinder with all the information that's passed through it (only some of which has taken up personal residence, thank the Gods).

I am still a fan of Egyptian topics, btw.  My parents brought my copy of Gardiner's Egyptian Grammar from the house on a recent visit so that I could revisit some delightful temple corridors of yore ("memory lane" somehow does not seem appropriate for Egyptian studies).  And I've been reading Ellen Cannon Reed's Circle of Isis, which has some really fascinating material on working with the Gods of Ancient Egypt in a modern day setting.

TTFN, Gothick

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2002, 07:16:15 PM »
Welcome Perankh.  My favorite is 1795(6).  But my second is 1897.  

As Connie wrote to you, and I agree, "You ain't seen nothing yet"
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2002, 09:06:30 PM »

Welcome, Perankh!

My all-time favorite storyline has already passed but there is some mighty great stuff on the way. You're gonna love it!

dom