Author Topic: Robservations 7/15/02 - #560/561 - Ang Seduces Her New Victim  (Read 2235 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
560 - Julia enters the old House, wearing a stunning gray outfit. Barnabas tells her he sent Willie to get Lang's journals, in case they have to go ahead with the experiment. Julia says she isn't sure she can do it, if she can ever fully understand the process Eric went through when he created Adam. Barnabas says they needn't think about it until Adam releases Vicki, and Julia tells him Vicki returned to Collinwood last night, physically fine but frightened. Julia says she only remembers leaving the Old House. Barnabas is glad Vicki is safe, but they realize they must create a mate for Adam-now!
Barnabas feared he'd never see Vicki again, but Julia is preoccupied with having to go through with her promise to do the experiment. Barnabas reminds of her what is at stake-the entire Collins family--does she want Liz or David or Carolyn to die? No, admits Julia, clearly tortured, and agrees to go through with it, albeit reluctantly. Barnabas assures her he fears this as much as she does, but they have no choice but to give Adam what he wants. Willie comes up to let them know he put the books in the basement. Julia wants to go down and start studying. Barnabas tells Willie they will need his help-he knows of Adam's threat. They tell him Vicki is safe. Willie is glad to hear it. Now, says Julia, we must go ahead with the experiment. Barn informs Willie he must help with the unpleasant chore of collecting the dead bodies they'll need. Willie backs away, he doesn't want to hear more. Barnabas sternly tells him he will do as he's told. That's grave-robbing protests Willie. Yes, says Barnabas, vile as it is, it's necessary. Willie refuses, not for anyone, he won't do it. Barnabas tells him he will, he must do as he's told. There is no way out. Willie asks if he's threatening to send him back to Windcliff, and Barnabas says yes, and this time, Julia will ensure it's a permanent stay. Julia agrees to this, looking like she doesn't like saying it. Go ahead, says Willie, but Barnabas reminds him he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in a mental institution. Yes, he doesn't, but he'd rather do that than mess around with dead people. Barnabas works to convince him, reminding him of how terrible his life at Windcliff was, but Willie backs away-he can't and won't do this. Barnabas and Julia survey Willie like a difficult child.

Barnabas asks Julia how he's going to get Willie to cooperate. Julia says she has to go down to the basement and study the journals. She goes downstairs, leaving Barn to answer the door. It's Joe, who says he's been released from the hospital the previous day and feels a little shaky, but otherwise okay--he wants to thank Barnabas and Willie for finding him in the woods and getting him to the hospital--if they hadn't found him, he'd have died, says Joe, and if Barnabas ever needs anything, or Willie, Joe is at their disposal. Barnabas assures him he owes him nothing. Joe questions Barnabas about Nicholas. He's Cassandra's brother, says Barnabas, but has stuck around even though she left Roger and Collinsport--it's a mystery why he's staying. Joe says he got a note from Blair this morning--he met him at Maggie's the previous night, and they didn't hit it off, yet he got this odd note from Nicholas asking him to come at 7 PM, he wants to talk to him. Barnabas asks if he's accepting the invitation, and Joe says yes, out of curiosity. Barnabas asks Joe to come see him after he speaks to Nicholas, and Joe agrees. They agree they are both curious about him.

Down in the basement, Julia looks through the suitcase full of journals. Willie comes down and she asks him to help her sort through the paperwork. Willie asks if they're going ahead with the experiment. Yes she says, we have to. It's crazy, maintains Willie, and she agrees he's right, but she's doing it. Willie says putting parts of the dead together is crazy and wrong.
Replies Julia, "I no longer know what is right or wrong, I only know what is necessary." (a classic Julia remark.) Willie begs her to talk Barnabas out of this, but she says she can't, and can't refuse to help him, she's already agreed, and she will. Willie realizes nothing will stop it from happening, and tells Julia he's going to leave, he can't take part in this--he's leaving now. All right, she says; she won't insist he go to Windcliff. She asks him where he'll go, but he doesn't know, he just knows he can't be part of this, can't watch it. It's too horrible. He backs away, then runs up the stairs. "It's too horrible," he repeats, and Julia's face looks like she completely agrees with him.

Upstairs, Joe tells Barnabas he'll stop by the Old House 8 or 8:30. Willie joins them, surprised and nervous to see Joe, who thanks him for helping to get him to the hospital. He tells Willie their fight was his fault and asks if he accepts his apology. Willie agrees, and insincerely shakes Joe's hand. Joe leaves. Willie tells Barnabas he wishes they'd left Joe to die. (nice, Willie!) Barnabas says neither of them could have done that. If it were up to me, says Willie, Joe would be dead. Barn wryly says it's fortunate it wasn't. Despondent, Willie supposes Joe and Maggie will be getting married. Probably, agrees Barn, then asks Willie if he's still infatuated with Maggie. Willie doesn't want to discuss this and tells Barnabas he's clearing out--he can't take what's going on with the experiment. Barnabas tells him he can't leave here and he knows it, he was allowed to leave Windcliff in Julia's custody, and if he leaves now, Julia will have to commit him again. No, says Willie, she said he could go if he wants to--Barnabas doesn't need him anymore, he's got Julia, and Haskell's got Maggie. (aw, poor Willie) Barnabas asks Willie what might happen to Maggie if Adam learns Willie refused to help with the experiment-- Adam would be furious, and might take out his anger on Maggie. (ever the manipulator, Barnabas!) Why, asks Willie? For the same reason he kidnapped Vicki, because he knew how Barn felt about her, and might do the same to Maggie. Barnabas cleverly reminds Willie that Adam saw him with Maggie and once tried to kill her, right?
Yeah, says Willie. Barnabas manipulates Willie very skillfully, and it scares Willie to think his leaving might put Maggie in danger. Think about it, suggests Barnabas. Julia comes up with a journal that describes the initial steps of the experiment. They need a cadaver, says Julia, and Barnabas asks Willie if he'll help them. Willie clutches his hands and agrees. "I guess I got to," he says, resigned. He doesn't want anything to happen to Maggie. Willie agrees to do what he has to do--but he doesn't like it!

Blair House - Joe knocks at the door. Angelique lets him in. Her dress has a gold skirt and is really beautiful, and she's showing off more cleavage than usual. Seeming nervous, she tells Joe Nicholas had to leave for a few minutes but will be right back. She introduces herself and says she's supposed to be Nicholas' secretary-but really isn't. She asks if she can trust him with the truth. She asks to look at him, and decides he has an honest face-she can trust him. Joe is perplexed. She glances out the window anxiously, checking for Nicholas. They have just a few minutes, she says. Who are you? he demands. She says Nicholas is forcing her to pretend, and she desperately needs Joe's help-will you help me? How? Asks Joe. I must escape Nicholas and needs someone's help, she says--Nicholas is holding her prisoner against her will and she can't escape him--he has an enormous hold over her and she can't break it without help. She can't call the police, it isn't that simple. She says if Nicholas suspects she said anything to him. . .
Joe observes that she's terrified of Nicholas, and she says he does terrible things to her. Joe wants to take her to the sheriff, but she fears Nicholas' wrath-he'd try to harm her. Would Joe protect her? Sure, he says, if it comes to that. "Am I really going to escape?" she whispers. "Am I really going to be free?" She begins to cry, and Joe asks her not to. She can't help it, it's such a relief finding someone willing to help. Joe promises that Blair won't harm her, they'll keep him away from her. She's relieved, she says, and knows she's acting foolishly, but could she put her head on his shoulder? She tosses herself at him before he even finishes saying yes, and tells him he's very kind. He hugs her, comforting her, and she says she knows she's going to be all right-now. He promises no harm will come to her if he has anything to do about it, and she immediately sinks her sharp white fangs into his throat. Joe tilts his head back in a combination of pain and pleasure as she drinks his blood.

NOTES: Angelique make a fantastic vampire, folks, seductive, sexy and convincing. Karlen did a brilliant job as Willie today, and it was great seeing Joel Crothers again. Nicholas was his usual flawless self. I loved the way Barnabas manipulated Willie and Julia into doing what he wanted. Vampire or human, Barnabas can still get pretty much everyone to do what he wants! He is the master-and yet he wasn't this good at it when human in 1795, was he?

561 - Joe lies on the sofa, neck dripping blood, his head in Angelique's lap. She caresses his face. Nicholas comes in and observes, with pleasure, that she did what he told her to do. Ang is glad Nicholas chose Joe; she rather likes him. What happens now? she asks. Nicholas will send Joe home. Ang doesn't want that, but Nicholas says Joe will come to her whenever she needs him; he needs her as much a she needs him now. As Joe stirs, Nicholas orders Angelique out of the room. He asks Joe how he feels, and if he's well enough to sit up. Groggy, he does, his face pale. Nicholas tells Joe to cover his throat, and Joe does, with his turtleneck. He asks Nicholas if he knows what happened to him, and what he's going to do about it.
Nothing, Nick assures him. Joe says he wants to see Angelique. Nicholas assures him he isn't keeping Ang prisoner, as she claimed. Joe wants to see her, and Nicholas calls her into the room. She tells Joe she wanted to see him, too, and says Nicholas isn't keeping her prisoner-she just felt like a prisoner, but now that she has Joe, she no longer feels that way. Joe, confused, buries his head in his hands. He shouldn't even be here! Placing her hand on his shoulder, Ang tells him to submit to his needs, since he does want to be there. He won't tell anyone he was here, will he? she asks, as the rooster crows the dawn. Nicholas tells her she had better go, and she quickly leaves. Joe, upset that Angelique is gone, promises to keep silent. Nick tells Joe to go home; he's been there all night long. Joe wonders how to explain it, he was supposed to see Barnabas, and he had a date with Maggie, too. Nicholas is sure Joe will come up with suitable explanations, and Joe protests he's never lied to Maggie before-she mustn't know about this. Nicholas promises it will be their little secret, and ushers Joe out into the dawn, a huge, satisfied grin on his face.

Old House - Julie works, writing in a notebook. Willie carries in another box of notebooks, the last of Lang's stuff from his lab. Julia tells him to put it in the basement, and Willie says they're crazy to go through with this. We've started, says Julia, so we will. Willie guesses so, and tiredly takes the box to the basement. Barnabas enters. He went to Collinwood to make a phone call, but was unable to reach Joe. He wasn't at work, either. Barnabas is concerned over Joe's failure to come see him after visiting Nicholas--he has a feeling something strange is going on and wants to learn what it is.

In his room, Joe ponders that girl, Angelique, whom he can't get out of his mind. What is she doing to him, he asks himself, closing the drapes. He sits down, vowing not to let it happen-he must stay away from her, if it takes his last ounce of strength. Barnabas knocks at his door. Joe invites him in. Barnabas notes that Joe isn't looking so well, terrible in fact, and very pale. Joe admits he isn't feeling well; he guesses he left the hospital too soon. Should you see a doctor? asks Barnabas, but Joe insists he just needs a little rest--he did go to Blair's house the previous night, but Nicholas just wanted to talk to him, just to get acquainted. The phone rings. Barnabas asks him if he's going to answer, and Joe says no, he doesn't want to. This surprises Barnabas, but Joe says it's Maggie, and he doesn't want to speak to her. This surprises Barnabas, too, but Joe says he doesn't want Maggie to know he's sick. Barnabas asks if he should send for a doctor, but Joe angrily says no. He says he wants to lie down, and apologizes for kicking Barnabas out. Barnabas says if there's anything he can do, and Joe, seeming lost, says there's nothing. "Goodbye, Barnabas," he says, sounding like it's the last time he'll ever see him. Alone, Joe gazes at his reflection in the mirror, checking out the marks Ang left on his throat.

Barnabas tells Julia that Joe seemed quite ill, but he feels there's more to it than meets the eye. He wants Julia to examine Joe, but she says another doctor could do that. Barnabas says it's weird that Joe won't see a doctor. Julia offers to drop her work on the experiment and go examine Joe, but Barnabas says the experiment comes first. Willie stands there, arms crossed, looking unhappy. Julia tells him she needs his help, and Willie says, about tonight, about what he's supposed to do-he doesn't think he can rob a grave. Barnabas tells him they've already discussed this. There's a knock at the door and Willie covers his face with his hands. Julia encourages him to join her down in the basement. Barnabas answers Nicholas' knock and expresses pleasure at seeing him. Nicholas looks quite dapper in his hat, as usual, and says he stopped by to give him an apology for depriving him of Joe Haskell's company--Nicholas "accidentally" got him drunk, and he let the drinking get out of hand.
By the time Joe left, he could barely walk and is probably feeling terrible today. Nicholas apologizes for any inconvenience he caused. Barnabas agrees these things can happen. Nicholas praises Joe as a very interesting young man, and again apologizes. They smile at each other and Nicholas leaves. Barnabas looks thoughtful, as if he isn't sure he believes Blair.

Dusk. Joe gazes out the window despairingly. It will soon be dark and she will summon him, he thinks, he must resist her-he's got to!

Barnabas tells Willie it will be dark soon, and again Willie says he can't do it. Get it over with, orders Barnabas. Willie fears getting caught, but Barnabas doubts anyone would be in a deserted cemetery at night--Willie knows what his job is-now do it! Willie's face twitches with misery, and he nods, very unhappy.

Angelique rises, hungry, and Nicholas tells her he's been expecting her. Where is Joe, she asks, and Nick tells her that SHE must summon Joe if she wants him-he'll hear her--he needs her as much as she needs him. Angelique looks out the windows, parts the curtains, and calls Joe to come to her. "Come to me," she wheedles. Joe looks at his reflection in the mirror, ordering himself to resist her. He's warring fiercely with himself, wanting to go and not wanting to just as much. Angelique continues to call her victim, telling him she needs him now. "You need me. You want me. Come. . .come to me."
Joe struggles, then realizes he does need and want her-he can't resist her any longer, he can't! He leaves his room. Angelique is smiling. "You know how to find me," she says, "come as quickly as you can. You will be drawn to this house, irresistibly drawn, through the forest to the house by the sea."

Joe takes a shortcut through the cemetery, and of course comes upon Willie Loomis, who is diligently digging. Brought temporarily out of his trance, Joe says, "Willie Loomis! You're trying to rob a grave! Come on, Willie-I'm taking you to the police."
Willie shakes his head, terrified.

NOTES: Who will win out here, Angelique's summons or Joe's intrinsic desire to do the right thing? Poor Willie sure doesn't need to be caught by Haskell, not in the midst of this evil deed, but on the other hand, Angelique's hold over Joe is already pretty strong. If she calls to him again, which will Joe choose?

Lara Parker once remarked that she tried to make her vampire bites like little orgasms. She certainly accomplishes that, and I love her as a vampire even more than as a witch. Her power over Joe is quite something to see, especially given that he loves another woman and is doing his best to resist coming to her.

Willie always gets stuck with the rotten jobs. Remember when Barnabas sent him to get cattle for his blood needs? Willie hated that, too!

Love, Robin

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Robservations 7/15/02 - 560 - Angelique Seduces Her New Victim
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 12:39:49 PM »
The versatile talent of Miss Parker is quite obvious here...always electrifying stuff from LP!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Robservations 7/15/02 - 560 - Angelique Seduces Her New Victim
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 04:33:43 PM »
Poor Willie....and my daughter wonders why this show makes me curse at the TV in Sicilian. [vryangy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
Re: Robservations 7/15/02 - #560/561 - Ang Seduces Her New Victim
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 04:15:43 AM »
Blair House - Joe knocks at the door. Angelique lets him in. Her dress has a gold skirt and is really beautiful, and she's showing off more cleavage than usual

Ah, shucks!  I was hoping one of the pics of Angelique included in this post was going to demonstrate that last statement!  ;D :P
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

DVD

Re:Robservations 7/15/02 - #560/561 - Ang Seduces Her New Victim
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 10:05:27 PM »
DVD episodes for March 9th and 10th.

The 7th and 8th episodes on Set#9/Disc#3 (2nd and 3rd episodes on MPI tape Volume #66)

Offline scottd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 04:09:36 PM »
I've finally caught up to these episodes on DVD!! I've never seen these before and have to say that I'm really loving this storyline. I agree with all of the comments about Angelique making a really good vampire--very seductive. It's really strange seeing her in such a subserviant role under Nicholas, although I'm sure it won't be long until she hatches a scheme of her own. Then there's Willie. More and more in the last few months, I've started to think that Barnabas can be very cruel. He and Julia certainly handled the Adam situation all wrong, and Barnabas just shows absolutely no regard for Willie! It's an interesting aspect to Barnabas and Julia, who I usually see as sort of the heroes of the show. Love Nicholas, as always, and it is great to see Joe back in the spotlight. I know he leaves the show this year and I have a feeling this is all going to end badly for him. I'll be sorry to see him go--Is there a nicer, more well-adjusted person in Collinsport?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »
I agree with all of the comments about Angelique making a really good vampire--very seductive. It's really strange seeing her in such a subserviant role under Nicholas, although I'm sure it won't be long until she hatches a scheme of her own.

How well you know our girl.  [wink2]

Then there's Willie. More and more in the last few months, I've started to think that Barnabas can be very cruel. He and Julia certainly handled the Adam situation all wrong, and Barnabas just shows absolutely no regard for Willie!

As I've said many times, Barnabas' brain is not located in his head - and what's more, it's mostly geared to dreaming up ways to impresswoo STYs. When it comes to dealing with other types of situations, he'll often make rash decisions and/or do the very worse thing possible (not that he doesn't often act that same way with the SYTs). It makes for great story - but he can often be completely insensitive to the people around him. Just ask Julia.  :-

It's an interesting aspect to Barnabas and Julia, who I usually see as sort of the heroes of the show.

Yes, the characters are far from perfect, which makes them all the more interesting.

Love Nicholas, as always

Nicholas is never dull!

and it is great to see Joe back in the spotlight. I know he leaves the show this year and I have a feeling this is all going to end badly for him. I'll be sorry to see him go--Is there a nicer, more well-adjusted person in Collinsport?

I don't think there was - which makes his fate all the more tragic. But at the same time, it gives Joel Crothers some of his best material to work with, and he plays it wonderfully.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 04:12:13 PM »
Thanks, O Mysterious One, for reposting these.  You know how much I love to look...

And talking of that, boy is that a *steamy* close-up of Joe with eyes half-lidded and jaw slack with awakening fatal desire.  I'm having a lot of fun imagining what's going on below the frame.  Sultry!  (Yes, I know what was going on in the actual aired episode, but I have the feeling *my* version would not be without its fans--Connie, what say you?)

G.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2004, 02:08:22 AM »
560 - Julia enters the old House, wearing a stunning gray outfit.
Love, Robin

How come Julia only had a handfull of "stunning" outfits and she only seemed to wear them once (or twice for an episode that went over a day). . i recall the black dress with the white collar, the yellow dress with the HUGE collar, the drop waist dresses (when Chris Jennings and she hunted for CDT). . .this one, a few others but no it was back to the horrid plaid dress (she wore thru out the Tom & Jooolia days), the green wool suit. . and others. . .sheesh.   Did Curtis come on the set and scream "Hoffman can't look attractive take that back to Orbachs!"  [9251]
Julia99

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 06:41:26 AM »
(Yes, I know what was going on in the actual aired episode, but I have the feeling *my* version would not be without its fans--Connie, what say you?)

Well, Hi!!!  [grinb]

What say me?  I think we would both agree as to what REALLY is going on in some of these "cutting room floor" scenes.

The question is.....WHO is below the waist outside of camera range????  Julia?  Or is it someone else?  Hmm....[winkb]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>