Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0822  (Read 2404 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0822
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:50:30 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0822
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:16:01 AM »
Charles is in love with the ideal woman he painted?  How weird is he? 
Trask wants Amanda at Collinwood.  I love Pansy  bumping Trask and how she describes his dimise.  Tied in a room alone where no one can hear him.
Tim reveals his plan.  Amanda is to become the bride of Trask and then his widow.  What fun. 
Amanda is wearing the pin Tate painted. (Well sort of). 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »
Major Milestones Not Mentioned Yet: [milestone]
1. Charity/Pansy Faye told Trask her prediction about how he would die. [shkdb]
2. Tate told Petofi that he first painted Amanda two years ago. He dreamed of a brooch and painted it - then, somehow, Tim saw it in a store and bought it for Amanda. Petofi surmised that Tate was in love with her. Tate, on Petofi's urging, went to the Inn and saw Amanda there! [shkdg]

That was a very diabolical plan that Tim had for stealing the Collins money. [scratch2] He wanted to get revenge on Trask, but he would be stealing from the Collins family, who did nothing to him. Hardly seems fair, does it?  [ghost_sad]  I liked Tim better when he was the poor mistreated school teacher. I loved that kiss between Tim and Amanda, though.  [9341]

Petofi delighted in plotting to get Tate to see Amanda without revealing to him who she was. It was fun to watch. It was also fun to watch Amanda deceiving Trask once again. [ghost_cheesy] Charity/Pansy Faye was a hoot, too! I love the makeup and clothing she wears - so colorful! [color]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »
I agree with you ER...Tim was more likable as the browbeaten schoolteacher. It IS unfair that he would want to steal from a family who had nothing to do with what Trask and Evan did to him, but consider how greedy he's become it's no surprise that he doesn't really care.

One thing though...suppose Trask did get rid of Judith like he did Minerva, and by some chance he and Amanda did wed and Trask bits the dust....what makes Tim think that Amanda would get the money? According to Edith's will, Jamison would be the next heir after Judith. I know Judith changed the will in Trask's favor, but I would hope she didn't disregard the possibility that something might happen to her new hubby. Hopefully she would have have a little foresight enough to appoint another guardian for the money. Probably Edward since he's Jamison's father and she didn't trust Quentin. If that's the case, then there's no way that Amanda would inherit anything and Tim's plan entire plan would be futile.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 08:44:19 PM »
Tim Shaw was definitely a better human being in the earlier days, but I find him a lot more interesting as a vengeful schemer.

I know Judith changed the will in Trask's favor, but I would hope she didn't disregard the possibility that something might happen to her new hubby. Hopefully she would have have a little foresight enough to appoint another guardian for the money. Probably Edward since he's Jamison's father and she didn't trust Quentin. If that's the case, then there's no way that Amanda would inherit anything and Tim's plan entire plan would be futile.

When Judith wrote the new will, appointing Gregory to administer the estate (in the event of her death) until Jamison's 21st birthday, she was a content and unwary bride, and I doubt she considered the possibility that her husband would remarry again.  And she could not have anticipated that anything like the shallow, golddigging Amanda would enter their lives.  So yes, I think Amanda could potentially take control of the estate if she became Gregory's 3rd wife after Judith's death but before Jamison reached 21 (IF he gets to be that old).  And then I'd bet Jamison's inheritance would be gone by the time he was old enough to get his hands on it-- spent on diamonds and European fashions and false lashes.

Of course, one flaw in Tim's plan is that Amanda could dump him once she's wealthy.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
You make some good points, Midnite.  Still I hate to think that Edward would allow his son's inheritance to drop into the lap of the golddigging Ms. Harris (and scheming Mr. Shaw) without a fight. Quentin I don't know about since he seemed so smitten with Amanda (gag!) from the first time he saw her.

I said that Tim had no reason to swindle the Collins family, but maybe in his mind he thinks he does. I think he still harbors a grudge against Judith for [spoiler] shooting and killing his best friend, Rachel, even though she was being controlled and ordered to do so by Dirk the vamp. [/spoiler]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:02:02 AM »
True about Judith's culpability, or lack of it.  Didn't Tim ask her for a job after that?  I can't recall that it ever came up again.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:48:37 AM »
Emerald Rose - what would you do without that Milestone icon? [ghost_wink]

nancy

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:59 AM »
[rofl10]  Nancy!  [lghy]  [ghost_cheesy]  [laughing1]  [laughing3]  [laughing6]  [laughing11]  [lol2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
True about Judith's culpability, or lack of it.  Didn't Tim ask her for a job after that?  I can't recall that it ever came up again.

[spoiler]
Tim pretty much blackmailed Judith into giving him a job by saying he had a very good memory...in other words...give me a job or I'll rat you out anyway to the authorities. [/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0822 (was #816)
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »
Wouldn't Tim's plan have to be to marry Amanda to Trask, kill Trask, then run off with Amanda with the Collins money?   Or become master and mistress of Collinwood?  They never mention the killing part, and I can't see Tim doing it, but he'd have to, wouldn't he?  Or were they going to get evidence of Trask's infidelity, and blackmail him with it?   Tim wants to ruin Trask though, so he wouldn't want to keep his secret.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 11:51:56 PM »
The problem with extreme closeups of pretend painting by an artist is that viewers can see that the brush strokes aren't changing the picture one bit.  Same thing when the artist lets his smock brush against his palette and there's no paint transfer.  [rleyeb]

Charity/Pansy to Gregory:  "Are you angin'?  No, you are not angin'."
I love cockney speech.

Charles is in love with the ideal woman he painted?  How weird is he?

How much time do you have?  [cheesyb]

Tied in a room alone where no one can hear him.

Just how many incorrect prophecies are we given in 1897?

Magnus, Tim does mention that Amanda would become a widow soon after becoming a bride.  I suppose that as Tim sees it, Gregory has already killed his first wife, and if he murders Judith or however else he gets her out of the way, killing him would be a justified penalty-- an eye for an eye and all that.  Though if you ask me, Tim would be no better than Gregory.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »
Does Tim really think that Trask will marry Amanda?  He's crazy!  If Trask has his way, he'll give Amanda what he gave Rachel (Tim the not-so-dim knows that Trask likes brunettes) and then dump her as irredeemable, and go find himself some rich society widow when the time comes to remarry.

Quentin I don't know about since he seemed so smitten with Amanda (gag!) from the first time he saw her.
Really?  I didn't see smittenness, and later on, though before this episode, Quentin made an uncomplimentary remark about Amanda's connection with Tim Shaw.

Charles is in love with the ideal woman he painted?  How weird is he?
And how many people and things were rattling around the world of 1897 that were the product of Charles Delaware Tate's weird mind and his paintbrush?

I like Amanda's looks, but her voice grates on me - so high!  Kathryn Leigh Scott quoted Grayson Hall as saying that Dan Curtis's preference in casting was for large faces and interesting voices - but Amanda doesn't fit that mold.  Was she cast while he was away someplace?

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 03:35:41 AM »
No - my guess is that DMcK was cast because she looked so much like KLS, since KLS was on vacation at the time.
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:03 AM »
Tim does mention that Amanda would become a widow soon after becoming a bride.  I suppose that as Tim sees it, Gregory has already killed his first wife, and if he murders Judith or however else he gets her out of the way, killing him would be a justified penalty-- an eye for an eye and all that.  Though if you ask me, Tim would be no better than Gregory.

Exactly! Tim's plot to marry off Amanda to Trask after he's done away with Judith, then do away with HIM and steal the Collins' fortune makes Tim just as bad as Trask at this point.

I kinda feel sorry for the Collins family at this point. They not only have to contend with one golddigger (Mr. Trask) after the family fortune but also two more (Amanda and Tim) without knowing it. I always kinda wished that Edward and Quentin had discovered what Tim and Amanda were up to...I would have loved to have seen Edward slap Amanda a good hard one and punch Tim's lights out for scheming to steal his son's rightful inheritance and maybe Quentin wouldn't have fallen ga-ga over Amanda had he known what she and Tim were up to.