Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0820  (Read 1545 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0820
« on: July 13, 2009, 06:50:48 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0820
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 03:01:20 AM »
Tate and Petori equals torture to watch.  Amanda is suddenly leaving?  She has all she can take of Trask.  Can't blame her for that.   Amanda is the ideal woman?   The Old House is in shambles.  I always liked when they trashed the sets and still do.  Amanda doesn't know anything beyond two years ago.  It is so obvious where this is going.   King Johnny is here and he looks menacing.  The hand is back!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:39:35 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Tate drew a picture of "his" ideal woman several times - he was obsessed by her.
2. [spoiler]Petofi got Tate to make the hand that was freshly dug up look like the hand of Count Petofi.[/spoiler]
3. Amanda couldn't remember anything before about two years ago.
4. King Johnny's first appearance. Petofi had previously made it so Magda could not speak or write his name, so Magda was helpless to tell King Johnny the truth. Poor Magda! [cryg]
5. Petofi recognized Amanda as the woman in Tate's paintings.
6. The "hand of Count Petofi" mysteriously appeared at the Old House, to King Johnny's delight and Magda's surprise.

Petofi "asked" Tate to do the job for him, but he would NOT take "no" for an answer! It was really an order. [ghost_rolleyes]

Amanda lied to Tate that she was born and raised in New York, but she told Tim the truth.  [ghost_wink]

When the fake "hand of Count Petofi" magically appeared under that chair at the Old House, I wondered how it got there.  [ghost_undecided] The answer will be revealed in the next episode.  [ghost_cheesy]

It seems to me that Magda should have been able to tell King Johnny that the original owner of the hand had it without saying Count Petofi's name.  [ghost_undecided] Unless she was barred from even saying that! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----

[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

(edited by admin)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
Petofi to Tate, when he checks to see what masterpiece the artist is preparing:  "Oh, her."
What a coincidence!  That's my reaction when I see Amanda's face too.

Hmm, while she tries to convince Petofi to lend Tim the hand, in the background is... a gesticulating stage hand.

Why does Tim blame Gregory for Rachel's death?

It seems to me that Magda should have been able to tell King Johnny that the original owner of the hand had it without saying Count Petofi's name.  [ghost_undecided]

I wondered why she didn't hide or escape when she had the chance using one of the secret passageways or panels.

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »
Why does Tim blame Gregory for Rachel's death?

It must be that if Trask was nicer, Rachel wouldn't have wanted to run away, but beyond that, Gragory really had no involvement. It seems like Tim's stretching hard to blame everything bad that ever happened in his life on Trask (while good in theory . . .). [ghost_nowink]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
Wasn't the reason Rachel turned up in Dirk's hideout that she was bringing aid and sustenance to escaped murder suspect Tim?  So if Trask hadn't had Evan make Tim kill Minerva, Rachel would have been home sleeping safely in her bed...although it's debatable how safe her bed was with Trask in the vicinity.  At any rate, it's a stretch to blame Rachel's death on Trask, but it can be done.

When Petofi gave Abraham Howell's hand to Tate for the touch-up, I was suddenly reminded of Jeff Clark bringing the arm to Dr. Lang.  Petofi said something about how he might be better advised to take to take the hand to an undertaker, and I think he was right.  Why should an artist (especially one like Tate) know how to preserve human remains?

I wondered why she didn't hide or escape when she had the chance using one of the secret passageways or panels.
I imagine that Magda felt there was simply no escape from the wrath of King Johnny once Petofi wouldn't help her, so there was no point in trying.  Why Magda thought Petofi might help her, however, is beyond me.  And I notice that Quentin was nowhere to be found in this episode, even though he knew Magda was scared to death.

Tim said the hand was essential for his plan of revenge to be carried out.  Was Amanda supposed to hold onto Trask by the short hairs while Tim placed the hand on his chest?  And where was Evan Hanley supposed to come into this?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »
Wasn't the reason Rachel turned up in Dirk's hideout that she was bringing aid and sustenance to escaped murder suspect Tim?  So if Trask hadn't had Evan make Tim kill Minerva, Rachel would have been home sleeping safely in her bed...although it's debatable how safe her bed was with Trask in the vicinity.  At any rate, it's a stretch to blame Rachel's death on Trask, but it can be done.

I'd guess that's it, but wouldn't that rationale also make it as much Tim's fault, because he made the decision to run (which, of course, brought unwanted attention to Rachel) and asked her to fund his escape?

Why should an artist (especially one like Tate) know how to preserve human remains?

But he wasn't preserving it; he was disguising it to look like Petofi's withered hand.

I imagine that Magda felt there was simply no escape from the wrath of King Johnny once Petofi wouldn't help her, so there was no point in trying.

Yet, in the following ep...   [ghost_wink]