Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0819  (Read 1944 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0819
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:36:22 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0819
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 02:49:29 AM »
I liked how Petofi used the window to make Charity see her future.   What a twist that it shows him his short-lived future and he forgets that Charity's is short-lived.  Well I guess you could say that Charity's future is short-lived as she is now Pansy.  How does Petofi know about Pansy?  That makes no sense except that it will be a fun thorn in old Trask's side.
"You may start digging Aristede." is just way to funny.  Another person who must have someone do the dirty work for him.
"Did you think I had you dig it up to admire the woodwork,"  that is even funnier.   Apparently Petofi is keeing Aristede around for his beauty and brawn as there appears to be no brain.   King Johnny has come for the hand and Magda.  Things look to get even more fast paced.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:17:53 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Count Petofi made Charity forget all about Quentin's curse and caused the spirit of Pansy Faye to possess her completely.  [ghost_smiley]
2. This was the first time Petofi showed someone a vision by looking through a window.  [ghost_wink]
3. Petofi had Aristede dig up [spoiler]and take the hand of[/spoiler] Alexander Markham (1846-1897). The poor man was only 50 or 51 (depending on what day was his birthday) when he died!  [ghost_rolleyes]
4. Magda was about to leave the Old House with Quentin to try to help Barnabas escape, when a note was pinned to the front door with a knife. It said, "Between life and death, there's not room for a flea to jump." Poor Magda knew that meant King Johnny was about to come after the hand - and her.  [ghost_shocked]
5. Petofi told Charity that his vision would be about her, but it ended up being about Aristede and himself instead! [shkdg]

This is a great line! Count Petofi: "One may play many tricks with fate, but one must not tempt it." Oh, so true! [thumb]

Quentin seized the moment when he asked Magda to help him release Barnabas - and he knew that Petofi was preoccupied. [clap]

----- Sally -----

[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

[edited by admin)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 05:49:57 AM »
Yet another coffin dug up by one person and singlehandedly lifted out of the ground (I doubt Petofi lent Aristede any assistance in this endeavor). 

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 11:52:55 PM »
I must admit, I enjoyed seeing Petofi change the insufferable Ms. Trask from her old unbearably self-righteous self into the free-spirited, fun-loving Pansy Faye. I don't know if I buy that Pansy hasn't taken over Charity completely and that there's still a shred of the old Charity left, but nevertheless Charity's new 'persona' is much more entertaining than her old one.

I don't understand how Petofi could have found out about Pansy myself...she was dead and gone before he ever entered the scene. Oh, well, I'm not going to dwell on it.

LOLed at Petofi's line about the woodwork. He's a mean SOB but he can be humorous when he wants to be.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 05:29:33 AM »
Mean SOBs can be fun.   I think the point of view of the show was that Charity was better off as Pansy too.   That's one thing I love about DS.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 08:42:51 AM »
A Grayson Hall v.o., yay!  Magda is just what the doctor ordered for the tedium.

Pansy Faye to Quentin:  "The reason I've hung around here so long is you, not Carl."
It's a bit of a shocker, but now we know the reason that Pansy's spirit remained at Collinwood long after Carl's death.  And in my mind, it explains how Petofi was able to cause Charity's possession without his having crossed paths with the living Pansy.

I think "Charles Wilkins" was one of the names read from the headstones.  Petofi called it a feeble name.  Take that, Dirk Wilkins.  [ghost_wink]

I liked how Petofi used the window to make Charity see her future.

So, is Petofi's magic cupboard really magical after all?  I mean, if the window served an identical purpose, does this mean he's able to project the visions onto pretty much anything-- a fireplace hearth, a serving tray, inside a Coach purse?

Petofi told Charity that his vision would be about her, but it ended up being about Aristede and himself instead! [shkdg]

Let's see-- the attempt to show Barnabas his death turned into a glimpse at David's death, the death shown to Beth was phoney, and Charity's fate was nowhere to be seen.  Hmm, Petofi is 0 for 3.

(I doubt Petofi lent Aristede any assistance in this endeavor).

Did you purposely avoid saying that he didn't lend him a hand?  Just curious.

Buh bye, Charity!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »
Let's see-- the attempt to show Barnabas his death turned into a glimpse at David's death, the death shown to Beth was phoney, and Charity's fate was nowhere to be seen.  Hmm, Petofi is 0 for 3.
We don't know yet whether or not the death shown to Beth was phoney.  Maybe it would if been real if Petofi had not freed her from Barnabas's spell.  But Petofi was right to say that not even he fully understood the powers of his hand.  Does he ever ask it to show anybody something other than their death?  Maybe the hand is bored.

I was surprised when Charity called the executioner's implement a scimitar, but I guess she noticed the curve in it where I didn't.  Me, if I wasn't going to called it a sword, I'd have a called it a snickersnee - but that probably would have been incorrect.

3. Petofi had Aristede dig up and take the hand of Alexander Markham (1846-1897). The poor man was only 50 or 51 (depending on what day was his birthday) when he died!
No, no!  Abraham Howell!  And Petofi said Abram, not Abraham, but I've never heard of the "h" being elided in Abraham.  Does anybody say Abram Lincoln?

I loved the way Quentin brushed off Charity in his haste to go see Magda.  I know it's not Charity anymore, but it still pleased me to see it happen.  What an interesting decision on the part of the writers, to ditch Charity!  Maybe they too just couldn't stand her anymore.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »
We don't know yet whether or not the death shown to Beth was phoney.  Maybe it would if been real if Petofi had not freed her from Barnabas's spell.

I thought a clue might be that Barnabas shouted a warning to her that what Petofi would show her or tell her was going to be nothing but lies.

was surprised when Charity called the executioner's implement a scimitar, but I guess she noticed the curve in it where I didn't.

MB posted a nice capture of the blade in the Robservation.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
No, no!  Abraham Howell!

Oops! My bad!  [6184] Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Lydia. [ghost_wink] I guess I saw Alexander Markham's gravestone and assumed it was the one that Aristede dug up. Sorry about that...  [ashamed3]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 06:06:18 PM »
I'm sure Abe Howell wishes you were right, Sally!