Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0812  (Read 1477 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0812
« on: June 30, 2009, 10:15:40 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0812
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
Denise Nickerson returns after what seemed like a long absence to find Edward not himself and strangling Quentin.  Tim also reappears with Amanda and from their conversation we are led to believe she is a high priced call girl and likes to brag about it.  Hopefully, the plan to expose Trask will work.  Tim must be crazy to think that the hand would be safe at Collinwood and with Nora.  There are numerous other places he could hide it and also have an easier time of retrieving it when he needs it. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. First appearance of Donna McKechnie as Amanda Harris.
2. Tim came back with the Hand, evidently much richer, and Amanda was with him.
3. Tim wrapped up the hand to look like a gift and gave it to Amanda to hide in her room.
4. Amanda met with Trask for the first time. Tim had a plan to get revenge against Trask, and used Amanda.
5. Quentin and Amanda met for the first time.
6. Quentin, after seeing Tim and Amanda leave, searched Tim's room for the Hand, but didn't find it.
7. After finding his room in shambles, Tim took the Hand to Nora to hide in her room at Collinwood.

I like how Quentin was talking to Nora. He explained what was wrong with Edward in a way that she would understand. He was very loving and protective of her. [hug]

Quentin looked really handsome in this episode without his jacket. [luv]

It was nice to see the Hand had helped Tim to become rich.  [ghost_wink] I really like his hat.  [ghost_cheesy] Amanda looked beautiful.  [gorgeous] It was fun to watch Amanda conning Trask. [lghy]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »
Amanda's eyeroll when Trask says he's going to be giving her "private instruction" is absolutely priceless!

I laughed when Amanda said to Tim, "What are we going to do tomorrow night?  Hang out in the local cemetary"?  If she had any idea just how much drama takes place in the cemetary there in Collinsport, she'd know that that was indeed "the" place to be for excitement.  

As for Tim, good grief, he's not out of the room five seconds before Nora's already pawing at the package.  Some mastermind he turns out to be!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:29:39 PM »
Now we have Quentin carrying on an entire conversation while being suffocated.

Edward states his true motive for wanting Quentin dead-- because of Q's poor treatment of him in the tower room (a part of the conversation we never saw that had to do with Quentin saying he went there to let him out before getting angry and changing his mind) and killing him will insure it's not repeated.  And then he refuses to stop because Quentin would only lock him up again.  Even though Quentin told Gregory to take care of him, Gregory called himself the Master of the house on the way (and therefore the person with the final say over what is done with Edward) as he led him back to confinement.  It still makes no sense to me.

Ha ha, Quentin climbed out a second story window!

Amanda:  "I don't deserve to be called a lady."
Amen, sister.

Gregory's lecherous glare at the camera after Amanda tells him that she'll do anything he asks is a perfect example of what I've called his cartoonish behavior.  He's horny and predatory and creepy; we get it.

Did Victorian women wear two-piece outfits that allowed the skin on their lower back to show?  Or is the lack of undergarments an Amanda F. Harris thing?

I'm officially jealous of Nora-- getting kissed by the two most gorgeous men in Collinsport in a single episode!!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
Edward walked upstairs with his head bowed in shame after muffing the murder of Quentin.  Nice.

I was surprised to see black candles burning in the lobby of the Collinsport Inn.

Gregory's lecherous glare at the camera after Amanda tells him that she'll do anything he asks is a perfect example of what I've called his cartoonish behavior.  He's horny and predatory and creepy; we get it.
I, on the other hand, thought Trask was pretty restrained under the circumstances, and imagined him jumping for joy after he got to his room.

Amanda's not very thorough, or she would have preferred to stay inside rather than go out with Tim and possibly ruin the setup with Trask.  It's surprising that later on[spoiler]she becomes a successful actress.[/spoiler]But never mind, I'm enjoying her comments on the dreariness of Collinsport.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 05:58:37 PM »
I know what you meant in the spoiler,  but I couldn't help  thinking it applied to the actress who protrayed her as well. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times