Author Topic: My name is Victoria Winters....  (Read 2934 times)

Connie

Re: My name is Victoria Winters....
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2002, 09:47:10 PM »

Wish I could show you a pix that Connie did for my birthday using DOD but I don't know how to insert pix to posts.  

Caught off guard in some hotel lobby - Karlen and Carol (whose husband claims she spends all her time online "chatting with Barnabas".  ROFL - I love that.

-CLC

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2002, 10:14:50 PM »
I just love Daughters of Darkness.  Since I don't own a DVD player, I content myself with the Anchor Bay video, which has a beautiful quality to it. It's been several years since I last watched it, but I have wonderful memories of it. So pleased they restored it from video release.

The Karlen audio track does sound like a hoot!  He must get a kick out of watching it now, remembering all the good times of yesteryear.

From some of the stories I've heard, his audio track of NoDS would certainly make "interesting" listening!

It's too bad that one of Johnny's most photogenic features went sight unseen in NoDS.  Thankfully, we can enjoy it in all its replete splendor in Daughters of Darkness. What a sensual, gorgeous hunk o' celluloid.

Gothick

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2002, 10:57:34 PM »
From some of the stories I've heard, his audio track of NoDS would certainly make "interesting" listening! Gothick

Steve, do you mean that NoDS is available on DVD and he does an audio commentary on it?!....or that he's told some outrageous stories about making NoDS and you'd love to hear them on a DVD audio commentary?

If it's the former, I have to e-mail the nephew-in-law in a hurry!!!  :D

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2002, 11:13:23 PM »
Dear Aunt Rainey,  (sorry, I'm evil, but I LOVE that name),

Apologies for the false alarm.  I was just fantasizing that Johnny K's audio track for the NoDS DVD WOULD BE a hoot to hear.  But NoDS hasn't been issued on DVD yet, and I hope that doesn't happen for some time, given that a DVD release is one of the few hopes remaining to see Darren's restoration project get off the ground.

I have heard some funny stories about the shenanigans that ensued during the making of NoDS, but board regs forbid my posting them here.  You're welcome to IM me if you want to know what I've heard.

Have fun!  Steve

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2002, 10:10:01 PM »
Those blasted black dots ruin EVERYTHING!

I have the videotape of DOD and while I consider it a distinctly weird movie, I will confess to pausing it at, um, certain places.  

But I'm not saying which ones!

Love, Robin

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Ok guys, no fair!
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2002, 04:42:27 AM »
I confess my need for a DVD addicts support group. What do you do? Help me? OH NO, you go and BRING UP ANOTHER FRIGGIN' DVD! I think I took a wrong turn some where.  >:(

However, I DID get a nice price on "Daughters of Darkness" at half.ebay.com! ;D Amazon didn't have it. I had just cancelled my Columbia account, so don't know if they would have or not.

Y'all are SO not a good influence!  :-*
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton