Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0807  (Read 1782 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0807
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:56:36 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0807
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 02:25:43 AM »
I had laugh when I read the Robservations and she called the room Petofi's lair as that was the same word I thought of to put in my notes when I saw it.  It seemed right out of Batman starrring Adam West .  "wherever Petofi is things go wrong." was a funny line.
We learn that Petofi has just 100 years to retrieve the hand to be able to live forever and time is almost up.  Why wasn't this mentioned before? It would certainly make the story more understandable as to why Petofi is doing all this.  I just found it totally unbelievable that Magda would fall for Petofi's ruse when she's been very sharp all along. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »
I had laugh when I read the Robservations and she called the room Petofi's lair as that was the same word I thought of to put in my notes when I saw it.  It seemed right out of Batman starrring Adam West.
That's the same thing I wrote in my notes! Right out of Batman...  [rofl10]

Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Jonathan Frid's first voiceover! He did an excellent job! [clap2]
2. This was the first time we saw Count Petofi's lair.
3. It was revealed that Count Petofi had 100 years to get back the hand. If he was successful, he would live forever; if he failed, he would die.
4. It was also revealed that Charles Delaware Tate and Count Petofi entered into a contract, and Petofi gave Tate "the gift" for painting. Tate would lose his talent if Petofi died. Tate's "payment" was yet to be determined.
5. Jamison/Petofi tricked Magda into opening the door, and he gave her the "kiss of truth". Magda's "moment of truth" was that she thought that she was the one who caused all the bad things that happened at Collinwood. He told her she could atone for her sins by taking him and Aristede to Barnabas's coffin. [shkdg]

Tate acted like he didn't believe Charity that Quentin's portrait changed to a wolf. I think he did believe it, though, because of the way he talked to Aristede about it.  [ghost_wink]

I really liked it when Jamison/Petofi spoke to Aristede in the candles, making his voice carry through the wind. Reminds me of what Angelique or Laura would do. It's neat that a person's voice can be heard someplace else. [ghost_cheesy]

It's too bad Barnabas couldn't stay with Magda. [smile_groan] She was duped by Jamison/Petofi into believing that Petofi had left Jamison's body. Things would have happened differently if Barnabas had been there.  [ghost_undecided]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:42:27 AM »
Is there no thread for Episode 806?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 04:51:44 AM »
It's currently on Page 3 of this board.  [ghost_smiley]  Here's a link:
Discuss - Ep #0806

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 02:27:09 PM »
Thanks, MB.  I could have sworn that when I lined the threads up by subject/title, there was a gap between 805 and 807.  Maybe Count Petofi had his "hand" in my computer that day.  Thanks for finding it for me.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
It's ghosts.  The Forum spirits occasionally like to mess with our heads.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:03:29 AM »
Ack, that one picture of Collinwood has been looking good but now it’s backwards again.

Was it really necessary to have Charity scream twice?  My poor rottweiler can only tolerate so much.

I get the nostalgic aspect of CDT setting up shop in the Evans cottage, but considering how 1897 ends I think it was a huge mistake.

Sy Thomashoff returns from a 3-week absence, and just in time to furnish Petofi's crib.

Barnabas is still being used sparingly; he’s only in the ep long enough to hatch a plan that's doomed to failure.  Magda confronting Petofi’s henchman with a pistol without shooting him on sight?—that’s as harebrained a scheme as any.  And since the moon is full, doesn't anyone care what Quentin is up to?

We learned that while Petofi's spirit occupies Jamison's body, his own body is in a state of suspended animation… somewhere.  And apparently he has taken possession of others many times before!

This was the first time we saw Count Petofi's lair.

Actually, it's the same place (inside an old, abandoned mill) where Quentin was tied up.

Tate's "payment" was yet to be determined.

He gets to be Petofi’s bitch. [ghost_wink]  Seriously, didn't he pay with his soul?

Tate acted like he didn't believe Charity that Quentin's portrait changed to a wolf. I think he did believe it, though, because of the way he talked to Aristede about it.  [ghost_wink]

Also, right after she told him, he said he was going to get her a drink but poured one for himself first and guzzled it.  Definitely not a good sign.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
Well, it was the first time we saw Count Petofi's lair with Petofi's furnishings in it. [ghost_wink] I know that it was the same place that Quentin was tied up, at the mill. [ghost_rolleyes]

Yeah, that's right, Midnite, Tate's "payment" to Petofi was his soul. [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:10:39 PM »
The payment of the soul is unsettling; it suggests that Petofi is Diabolos himself.  If not, what does Petofi want with Tate's soul?  What would anybody want with the soul of a Roger Davis character?

If only Magda had asked Jamison to take his gloves off before she decided the evil spirit had departed his body!

Magda blames herself for all the bad things that have happened at Collinwood, and indeed she has been the cause of some of them, but it was Laura who had Jenny set free to stalk Quentin, and it was Quentin who abandoned Jenny in the first place.  And when Magda castigates herself for causing Barnabas to be set free, she's suddenly switching sides.  She knows that Barnabas isn't all bad.  When we learn the truth about ourselves, do we ever learn anything good?  Or is it just that we see what Petofi believes to be the truth about ourselves, so that there's no way we can see good things?  We did see Edward's love of children, but maybe Petofi thinks that's a negligible virtue.

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 01:52:11 AM »
I don't think Petofi can take someone's soul, but even if that wasn't just a figure of speech, there's probably a more complicated situation going on than mere Faust-like soul purchasing.   Who knows, maybe a deal was done where Tate pays the Devil with his soul in Petofi's place, who's going to hell at some point unless he can squirm out of it.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor