Author Topic: OT>TV Guide Channel/Good Tunes  (Read 705 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
OT>TV Guide Channel/Good Tunes
« on: July 09, 2002, 02:22:35 AM »
Totally off topic, but, since there's people here from allll around the country....
You know how there's the preview channel (I guess though technically, it's the TV Guide Channel)?
Well, we have a couple/few of those (not to be confused with the PREVIEW channel).
One of ours though, channel 3 (which occassionally has the local programs & is video feed), usually, instead of having Debbie Matonapolis, Katie Wagner's talking you hear really good tunes.
In the veign (sp??) of "John Barleycorn Must Die";  "Inagodadavida", "Sitting on top of the World" (Creem's cover), etc.
First...do people who have a dish have preview/TV guide channels?
Second, does anyone else have a TV guide channel with really excellent tunes?
Ringo...you're a bon vivant...man about the globe...have you ever experienced this? Midnite, how 'bout you on the west coast? Birdie...how bout you up in CT?

Thanks,

Patti

PS...Ringo....they were playing this EXCELLENT Cream song...."I'm on the leeeffttt...but I'm leaning toward the right...." (do you know what song that is??)
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: OT>TV Guide Channel/Good Tunes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 02:29:24 AM »
"John Barleycorn Must Die"!!!!!!!!!???????

I'd KILL to hear that song again!!!

My older brother had the album but it's long gone now.  I don't think I 've heard that song in 25 years!!!!!!!

Jeeeezzzz, did YOU stir up some old memories, Patti!!

[lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 04:36:22 AM »
Patti,
       Are you kidding with four kids I am lucky to be able to tape our favorite show.  With the many channels on our cable box I get to see many things fly by while someone is surfing.  We must have a TV channel but I am not familar with it.  Actually, I am a MA. fan.  My 13 year old just got back from Jersey.  She went to the shore with a girl friends family.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 04:48:48 AM »
On our TV Guide Channel(Time Warner-AlbanyNY), it advertises alot of upcoming movies on PayPerView, new shows on HBO & USA(MONK is getting alot of air time), local commercials, etc. I haven't heard any music on our channel but I never really use the TV guide so they may play music--I just haven't heard any the few times I did used it.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe