Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0788  (Read 1446 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0788
« on: May 27, 2009, 06:17:35 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0788
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
VO: GH! Yay! Another Gray day!  [ghost_wink] Three days of Grayson and I am in heaven!

I see jail is spelled “GAOL” again!  If I am not mistaken that is/was the British spelling!

I was trying to remember who saved the day!  I had forgotten about the hand disfiguring Quentin!  However, I don't understand why anyone can't tell it's him.  Granted he is all deformed and stuff but still, tousled hair, blue eyes, and mutton chops—must I go on?? ;)

I do love the blue/green gown Joan has on today. It really suits her much better than that horrid Orchid/Purple get up!
I always get a kick out of Joan screaming.  It's really funny to me for some reason! It looks as if she has something black on her nose, possibly makeup? 

LOL!  The camera totally got hung up on the tree. How funny! I had forgotten that blooper.  That so could have made two more blooper tapes!  Alas….

I like Evan's walking stick.  Very elegant!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 04:55:13 AM »
I see jail is spelled “GAOL” again!  If I am not mistaken that is/was the British spelling!

I was trying to remember who saved the day!  I had forgotten about the hand disfiguring Quentin!  However, I don't understand why anyone can't tell it's him.  Granted he is all deformed and stuff but still, tousled hair, blue eyes, and mutton chops—must I go on?? ;)

Yup, that's the British spelling.  Dunno if it was still in use in New England in the 1890s.

Them not knowing it's him -- it's even worse than Clark Kent and Superman. I mentioned in the last post all the stuff they should have caught.  LOL yours cover it, too.  A friend of mine refers to these plot inflicted stupidities as caused by "Collinsport Dumbwater".

I do love the blue/green gown Joan has on today. It really suits her much better than that horrid Orchid/Purple get up!

The Orchid/Purple thing is ghastly.  And I don't think they're having her wear it to show she's in mourning.  They need to put her in green and leave her there.

The camera totally got hung up on the tree. How funny! I had forgotten that blooper.

If it's any consolation, it got right past me till I saw you mention it.

On to my comments:

New scene to start: Edward at the jail, watching a transformation.  But the jig isn't up for Quentin, he;s all meltyfaced and his everloving brother has no idea who he is.  Says a lot about that family, doesn't it:  same hair same height same clothes his baby brother wears every day, but he has no clue.  How many 6 foot 4 guys were there in Collinsport with dark hair and expensively tailored clothes.  The stickpin in his stock should have been a clue as well.  [smile_groan]

Hmm one diference between Evan's reaction and Q's -- maybe due to the time passed since the hand did it's thing -- Quentin's mind is functioning and he can attempt to form words.

Hey did anyone get a close look when Edward opened the door to leave?  It looked like in what should be the foyer of the police station, there's a diploma hanging on the wall.  Maybe it was a drs office in an earlier redress?

OOOH, he's channeling Count Petofi.  "Forest...Ashden...they took me there...."

Judith is out of it, even the bizarre news about the wolf transforming made no impression.  She's obsessed with the dream about Minerva Trask, and the Queen of Spades (interestingly enough this seems to be the REAL Minerva warning her;why would Trask want to draw her attention to this).  Then we have the cards materializing on the table, in a time frame where not even a faker could have put them there.  Booga Booga -- possessed by Minerva in the graveyard.  [Ghost00]

Hmm, this is the 2nd time Magda couldn't find Beth.  She wasn't in her room the night before and now shes not around yet again.

Edward needs Evan, but he's hiding out so no one can see him.  Though, the meltyface is starting to wear off, the eye is still a giveaway.

Oh, I'd forgotten about Judith being all possessed by Minerva this way.  Guess that means every single Collins in 1897 was possessed by someone at some time.

ANOTHER BOOGA BOOGA -- Evan walks in looking like nothing was ever wrong. Another great booga booga: Possessd judith telling Evan that he made Timothy Shaw poison her -- then going for him with a knife.

Jeannie

(Comments about Ep #789 moved to the correct topic.)
(edited by admin)

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:42:09 AM »
Yes, Minerva haunts once, then loses interest just in time for holo-Minerva.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
Now we get claymation Quentin.  Grayson gets to deal with another victim of the hand while they are in a state of amnesia.
Edward  must not have much in the way of powers of observation, to not be able to see, that even with the smeared clay face it was Quentin.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]

1. Quentin changed back with that horrible claymation face.
2. Edward witnessed the Werewolf change back to Quentin, but didn't recognize him.  [hdscrt] Boy, was I relieved when that happened! But really, Edward should have recognized his own brother.  [smile_groan]
3. Werewolf Quentin was in jail and just starting to form words again after his face was disfigured by the Hand.
4. Judith, possessed by Minerva, came after Evan with a knife and said, "You made Timothy Shaw poison me!" [shkdg]
5. Evan's face was back to normal.

Evan's face was really scary looking!
More scary than Quentin's face. [ghost_shocked] It was also pretty spooky when Quentin started talking like Count Petofi. Obviously, the Hand made him do that.

Until Quentin's face gets back to normal, I'm going to miss his gorgeous face! [cryg] It was strange to hear Quentin talking like he was Count Petofi. I guess it was a prelude to what happened in the future. Quentin was just as afraid of the hand as Evan was not so long ago.

I love Magda's reaction to seeing Evan with a "normal" face! The only thing missing was his widow's peak. [ghost_cheesy] Great lines by Evan to Magda: "Well, you have come to the wrong man. I have no intention of any further involvement with Quentin and I have no desire to do anything that would help YOU." Great delivery!

Ooh! My favorite background music was on again at the end, when Judith/Minerva was coming after Evan with the knife! [ghost_smiley] Joan Bennett did a great job! That look in her eyes was really spooky!
----- Sally -----

[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

(edited by admin)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 06:46:33 AM »
My goodness, it looked like Louis' and Grayson's faces were only a few inches apart at one point while their characters spoke near the jail cell.

Magda to Edward:  "You have your little crises and they're very upsetting. Our lives are one long, continuous crisis."
I understand about her hardships, but calling Edward's recent problems little (mother figure dies without sharing the family secret OR her money with him, prodigal wife tries to immolate their children, a brother kills his insane wife and then it comes out that she wasn't their kind, other brother is murdered by a cousin, sister risks his son's inheritance by marrying a charlatan and that's after she murdered a former governess, family is threatened by supernatural beings, etc.) was off the mark, don't you think?

Edward learned that Judith had a nightmare on her 2nd night of wedded bliss (ha!) about her husband's first wife, and in the morning she claimed the woman was haunting her (hey, he couldn't explain how the cards appeared either) and soon after began to believe she WAS the first wife, so did he summon her physician?  No.  Send for a psychologist?  No.  Bring in a medium?  Nope.  He phoned his lawyer.  Because that's the Collins way.

Roger Collins again shows up in the closing credits.

Guess that means every single Collins in 1897 was possessed by someone at some time.

Well, not Carl, for one.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »
Nine gypsies around a fire...I'm picturing it.

I do love the blue/green gown Joan has on today.
Yes, I liked it too.  I kept thinking I shouldn't like the color combination, but I did, and I liked the little buttons and the ruffles on the wrist.

her 2nd night of wedded bliss
Yeah, it's hard not to wonder about that.  I'd like to see the 3rd night of wedded bliss, when Minerva joins the party.

Magda really messed up when she saw Evan.  I would have thought it would be second nature for her to say "I see death in your face" to cover her confusion but she couldn't even manage that.

Golly, Evan sure deserves a knifing.