Author Topic: Spotted two DS alumni on TV today  (Read 3045 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Spotted two DS alumni on TV today
« on: May 10, 2009, 02:52:48 AM »
My ex-MIL is watching KLS right now on a Little House On The Prairie episode that aired yesterday, probably on the Hallmark channel. I had no idea she did a guest spot on the show. I was walking by the TV and out of the corner of my eye, I thought, hey, I know that face!

I also caught Robert Gerringer in the 1962 film Requiem For A Heavyweight. Very short role but another -  Hey! moment.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted two DS alumni on TV today
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »
Thanks for sharing that.  I never watched Little house, either originally or in reruns, so I was also unaware of KLS' appearance on the series.

I recently rented Charlies Angels, season 1, disc 2 via Netflix just to see Thayer David's episode of that show.  His part was tiny--he had two or three scenes where he was on camera, and I think his dialogue was limited to three lines.  Still, I loved getting to see Thayer on the show.  I have the disc with his episode of Starsky & Hutch in my Netflix "queue," as well--another series I never watched, and it's a treat to be able to catch Thayer's work in it thanks to the magic of DVD.

G.

David

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:53:19 PM »
I spotted Gerringer in The Way We Were & The Exorcist!

David

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:21:13 PM »
Sunday, Roger Davis on Night Gallery with Ozzie and Harriet.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

David

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »
Grayson was also on Night Gallery.
Roger was on Twilight Zone.

Check out a wonderful 1975 independent film called Hester Street~~Dorrie Kavanaugh (Phyllis Wick) has a huge role as an Eastern European Jewish immigrant in 1896 NYC (they couldn't have made it 1897?)

David

David

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 04:06:57 AM »
In the Two For the Price of One Dept:

Savages (1972) an early James Ivory film, features Thayer David and Chris Pennock.

Save the Tiger (1973) features Thayer & Lara Parker.

Killer Bees (1974) features Roger & Kate Jackson

Isn't there a Galactica 1980 eps with Lara & Roger sharing a scene?

David

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 04:17:47 AM »
Yep, a two-parter with a Halloween theme, though I barely made it through the first 15 minutes of the first episode.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 05:26:58 AM »
It was fun seeing Thayer in Charlie's Angels.  I own all the seasons.  It's campy as hell but I love it!  [ghost_tongue2] Side Note: Funny you mention that show; since the fourth season is being released and it was revealed today.  I am anxious to see Shelley Hack, as I have heard various good and bad things about her!

I wish I would have caught KLS! BUMMER! LHOTP comes on before Touched By An Angel.  At any rate cool to hear!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:53:55 AM »
Yep, a two-parter with a Halloween theme, though I barely made it through the first 15 minutes of the first episode.  [ghost_rolleyes]

[lol2]  There's a reason that show is referred to, even amongst fans of the original Battlestar, as Galaxitive 1980.  [naughty]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 11:47:36 PM »
Fans, on Thursday evening through the courtesy of Netflix I watched the Perry Mason episode guest-starring Bette Davis, "The Case of the Constant Doyle," from 1963.  I was very surprised to see George Mitchell, the original actor cast in the role of Matthew Morgan, show up as a jail desk sergeant in one scene with Bette Davis and co-star Michael "Tuffie" Parks (*winks at dom*).  Frances Reid, who played MacDonald Carey's wife Alice in Days of Our Lives in 1966 (when Don Briscoe briefly had a role on that series), had a great part as a secretary who turns out to be more devious than meets the eye.  Great slice of television from the early 1960s.

Then last night, my viewing was a DVD of an old Encore Mystery channel airing of the Ellery Queen series from the mid-Seventies co-starring Jim Hutton and David Wayne; a generous fan had sent me the disc.  Thayer David had a substantial role with one lengthy scene (for some reason completely unbilled) towards the beginning of the show.  The show was set in 1946 and in an odd period touch, Guy Lombardo was cast as himself leading the Royal Canadians in the Astor Ballroom.  Great role for Thayer.

G.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 03:46:58 AM »
Speaking of Charlie's Angels, I got started watching DS around the time the show was on the air.  WLVI Boston was showing the first year of syndication.  I heard that Kate Jackson had been on DS and kept waiting for her to appear!  I had no idea that the show had so many episodes.  As far as I knew WLVI was going to run them all. 

Kate Jackson was my favorite after Farrah left.  I had THE Farrah poster and was so in love with her.  I had the Cheryl Ladd album; I actually liked it at the time, though it's not my cup of tea now. 

It's funny how many almost DS connections there are with that show.  Lara Parker was almost Jilll.  Jacklyn was almost Vickie and was married to Roger Davis.  A friend in Louisville had a friend (I think he passed on recently) who went to visit Roger's mother, wanting his autograph.  She told him when to come by and Roger treated him nicely.  His wife was there; at the time this friend of a friend did not know her name, but of course it was her. 

I've tried to go back to Charlie's Angels but have a hard time getting into it.  I much prefer the work they've done since. 

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 05:16:39 AM »
Charlie's Angels is mindless fun and "mind candy" as Aaron Spelling referred to it!  :)   However, I can identify having a childhood connection to a show and then seeing it years later and not feeling the same. I wasn't born when the show came on so maybe that is the why I like it!? Who knows? In retrospect I prefer Cheryl much better to Farrah! Her and Jaclyn are my faves but I think Kate was the best actress!  Cheryl was very spunky, Jaclyn BEYOND goregous, and Kate brought a realness to the silly fun!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
Last night I saw Michael McGuire (the Head, right?) interviewed on a PBS show about the struggles of actors in general in real life.   That is I noticed him in the credits and realized one of the people I'd been watching for a few minutes must have been him.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 01:55:39 AM »
Charlie's Angels is mindless fun and "mind candy" as Aaron Spelling referred to it!  :)   However, I can identify having a childhood connection to a show and then seeing it years later and not feeling the same.

I've run into that memory revision with shows too.  Think it was the old Topper series, that I remember being on in reruns just before Captain Kangaroo when I was a kid.  Caught some reruns of that a few years ago, and it wasn't near as much fun as I remembered.  Some time ago I got my hands on the old Honey West series, but haven't gotten to watch them yet.  On some levels I'm afraid the same thing will happen.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 10:20:46 AM »
Hi Dom i recently saw Diana Milay on Bonanza TV Land  and thanks for sharing with us.
                   Have a Great Day  Love Anne [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow