Author Topic: How do you get your DS fix?  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
How do you get your DS fix?
« on: July 06, 2002, 01:26:39 AM »
Do you watch Dark Shadows every day on the Sci Fi channel? And if you do, how do you get your fix on days like yesterday and today when it's pre-empted? If you are not currently watching the episodes on Sci Fi, and you feel that need for a quick DS fix, what particular tape/DVD/episode do you usually put on?

I tape the episodes every day on Sci Fi and watch them when I get home from work. Yesterday I needed that DS fix so I pulled out one of my tapes. I have the entire 1795 storyline on tape and watched the first episode where they have the seance and Victoria Winters travels back to the past (I love that episode and I've probably seen in dozens of times.)

How about you?

Offline Miles

• ** Time Traveling Orphan Governess **
  • Full Poster
  • Witch Hunter Robin
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get your DS fix?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 02:58:52 AM »
Didn't really have time yesterday, but today I popped the revival series episode 6 into the vcr.  I know, I know, the overwhelming feeling here is that the '91 series just doesn't messure up, but hey, I like it.  It also adds something new to the mix.  The quick pace of the revival series, to me, makes it ideal viewing for DS preempt days  :)
Three hundred and twenty years have passed since the coven sank in the dark...

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 03:18:37 AM »
Well, since I don't have any MPI tapes or anything, I sometimes read my DS books I got for my birthday. We just record the show daily on Sci-Fi and rerecord over it the next day, so I don't even have any saved tapes. However, the day my favorite episode aired, I took the tape and hid it so my parents couldn't record over it. They still don't know where it is today.  :-X Hehehe.

And, of course, I get my daily fix by coming to this board!  ;D

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 03:29:47 AM »
 I know, I know, the overwhelming feeling here is that the '91 series just doesn't messure up, but hey, I like it.

I'm one of those few who enjoyed the revival series as well. I have most of it on tape (I'm missing the second to last episode and the first 15 minutes of the last episode for some reason) but unfortunately I taped them on my old VCR in the early 90's when they aired and the tapes aren't of the best quality. Shelling out the bucks for the pre-recorded tapes is a little beyond my budget too. :-[

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 04:02:22 AM »
Since I don't have the MPI or tape the Sci-Fi channel...I usually read my DS books.  It's not the same but it's close enough for my fix.  I'm getting used to the holiday schedules on that channel, now.  At least, all will be ok until the end of August.   :) ;D

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 04:30:31 AM »
I usually watch an MPI episode or an episode recorded off Sci Fi. When I watch my Sci Fi tapes I'll usually watch the early part of 1795.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2002, 04:40:32 AM »
I have the MPI videos, so I put on the next episode and watch it and the other episodes on the tape. I keep all the tapes with Craig Slocum's scenes, on top of the big screen. I never get enough of him!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2002, 05:05:12 AM »
My best DS fix is either through HODS on video or by watching MPI # 200--that's because I've listened to an audio tape of the last four episodes that I recorded more than 30 years ago.   That's my fix.  LOL.  Brian

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2002, 06:02:13 AM »
I also tape the episodes for later viewing.  Sometimes I get  backed up, so I might have to watch three days worth at one time.  That usually holds me.

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2002, 11:42:41 AM »

I have the entire 1795 storyline on tape and watched the first episode where they have the seance and Victoria Winters travels back to the past (I love that episode and I've probably seen in dozens of times.)

How about you?

That's exactly what I do! LOL!!  I usually pull out one of my MPI tapes, and it's always the 1795 period since that time frame is my favorite.  And like you, I must have seen it dozens of times!  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2002, 07:54:00 PM »
For me it's always back to #210.  I love those early episodes.

And I wish I owned the Revival Series.  From the little I saw of it, I remember it was quite good:  faster paced and stronger sexuality (for those who like such things  ;)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 01:41:12 AM »
I wish I owned the Revival Series.  From the little I saw of it, I remember it was quite good:  faster paced and stronger sexuality (for those who like such things  ;)

That may have been the problem...it was TOO fast paced, at least for me. We never got to know a whole lot about any of the characters.

As for stronger sexuality...true, but more explicit sexuality does not always make for better viewing.