Author Topic: Hunk alert!  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Hunk alert!
« on: July 05, 2002, 10:27:31 PM »
Does anybody else feel a distinct stirring of excitement of a PERSONAL nature (that's the Ernestine Tomlin version of saying something's up that's not for airing on a "family" board) at the sight of gorgeous Don Briscoe on today's fab new collage?

I presume that Don's debut as luscious "handy man" Tom Jennings will be broadcast next week on the Sci Fi Channel.  I may have to watch his first episode on tape this weekend.  The suspense is just TOO annihilating!

For those of you who are new, after Don left the show the first time, people picketed the studios demanding his return!  Fortunately for us, this was one occasion when TPTB paid attention to fan input!

I've always wanted to see which photo(s) of Mr. Briscoe were chosen by "16" Magazine for their rare late Sixties publication, the Adonis Book.  Do any of the fans out there in Cyberia have a copy so we can find out for sure?  

A Don fan 4ever,

Gothick

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: Hunk alert!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 03:35:12 AM »
******SPOILER******

Oh Steve . .thank you. . .I **am** feeling revved up and ready for Tom and his lusty/bloody chase of Julia. . now see he was a hunk. . got brought back to the series due to his charisma. . .and his vampire bride was to be Julia . . . who said you had to be 21 to have chemistry with a hunk, hmmm???

I'm placing an ad in the paper. . i need Tom to come repair my garage door. . .or anything. .

ahhhhhh sighhhhhhhhh
Julia99

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 07:00:24 AM »
*********SPOILER*******************

Ahhhh, it's always nice to read postings from the board's Briscoe-philes! :)

Never heard the story about DB's departure leading to picket lines. Quite interesting.

I love the "vampire Tom stalking Julia" storyline.  How fun that the writers decided to have the young, hunky vampire chase the 40-ish woman--the perfect antidote to storyline after storyline featuring a 40-ish vampire chasing assorted ingenues.

Incidentally, does DB lose his shirt as Tom or Chris?  When those episodes hit DVD, Briscoe-philes will be ever so grateful for the crystal clear freeze framing that the format allows...<lol>

Regards,

John

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 07:31:27 PM »
**********SPOILER********

I do believe its Chris who contanstly loses his shirt. . you know like the Hulk after his transformation.. .. I don't know why. . .but i luv the scene where Amy runs to Chris's cottage early one morning and the door is opened by Dr. Julia Hoffman, in her nightgown . .lol!  

[oh yea, sure she was there tendy to Chris 'cuz he was dying but it still makes me crackup .. i'm sure Amy told someone--

Mrs. Johnson:  Amy tell your brother to stop by, he's too skinny and needs a good meal.  

Amy:  Well, Dr. Hoffman sees Chris more than I do, you should probably tell her too.

Mrs. Johnson:  Dr. Hoffman?  When was that?

Amy:  This morning--she answered the door in her pajamas .. .

Mrs Johnson :: eyes widen:: thinks to herself, Boy do I have something to tell the girls at the Cafe this week!  And hey, how does this fit in with her overnights at Barnabas's?

lol!] [crazy]
[/color]
Julia99

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2002, 08:22:13 PM »
**********SPOILER********

I do believe its Chris who contanstly loses his shirt. . you know like the Hulk after his transformation.. .. I don't know why. . .but i luv the scene where Amy runs to Chris's cottage early one morning and the door is opened by Dr. Julia Hoffman, in her nightgown . .lol!  

[oh yea, sure she was there tendy to Chris 'cuz he was dying but it still makes me crackup .. i'm sure Amy told someone--

Mrs. Johnson:  Amy tell your brother to stop by, he's too skinny and needs a good meal.  

Amy:  Well, Dr. Hoffman sees Chris more than I do, you should probably tell her too.

Mrs. Johnson:  Dr. Hoffman?  When was that?

Amy:  This morning--she answered the door in her pajamas .. .

Mrs Johnson :: eyes widen:: thinks to herself, Boy do I have something to tell the girls at the Cafe this week!  And hey, how does this fit in with her overnights at Barnabas's?

lol!] [crazy]
[/color]

Looks like Julia preferred Chris over Barnabas "Don't mess my suit" Collins.  LOL
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline John_in_NC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2002, 11:54:14 PM »
Gothick, I cheated and already watched the episode when "Jennings" the handyman arrives.  It is nice to see him on the show.  However, that signals the soon to be arrival of a certain shrill whiny child whose voice grates on my nerves profusely!  >:(
John

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2002, 02:02:46 AM »
Hi, all i prefere THE ONE AND THE ONLY Q-MAN!!!!!!!!
I know Anne is getting some help on this matter!!!
                             Love Anne :P :P :P :P :P :P
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2002, 04:46:29 AM »
Sure I'm looking forward to Chris/Tom Jenning.  I think they're as cute as buttons.  But, I still got a thing for Barnabas....especially when he's wearing that snappy maroon smoking jacket.  

Va-Va-Va-Vooooooooooooooooom!!!!!
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

thom

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2002, 05:18:34 AM »
Oh c'mon John in SC how can you not love little Denise Nickerson 's first scene as Amy at Windcliffe? SPOILER>..

I 'cry' when I see that scene - I really do! She so wants to go with her big brother and he dumps some stupid paint set on her. I liked Amy, but always wondered why they didn't bring back Sharon Smyth as another character. I mean, people thought Alex Moltke looked like Joan Bennett -a nd she did, but my, oh my Sharon Smyth looked exactly like Alexandra Moltke in many shots. SS could have played a young Vicki Winters the Orphan.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2002, 06:59:00 AM »
Hi, all i prefere THE ONE AND THE ONLY Q-MAN!!!!!!!!

Hang in there, Annie...

Spoily???...

Once Tom and especially Chris are on the scene, Great Grandpa won't be far behind!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2002, 07:52:57 AM »

I like the picture of Don Briscoe on the montage, but like the one to the right of him even better. Craig Slocum is the hunk for me! I like Don Briscoe best in the role of Chris Jennings. My daughter will be glad to see him because her fave is the werewolf. I find that amusing!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2002, 07:57:27 PM »
Oh c'mon John in SC how can you not love little Denise Nickerson 's first scene as Amy at Windcliffe? SPOILER>..

I 'cry' when I see that scene - I really do! She so wants to go with her big brother and he dumps some stupid paint set on her.  

While Amy can get kinda annoying but nothing like Hallie.  .I do think that scene at Wyndecliffe between Nickerson and Briscoe is terribly heart breaking and one of the best of the series, truly emotional.  It wasn't overdone. . .wonder who was directing that day?  Cuz they didn't get "bigger and bigger". . .
Julia99

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2002, 10:56:18 PM »
For those of you who are new, after Don left the show the first time, people picketed the studios demanding his return!  Fortunately for us, this was one occasion when TPTB paid attention to fan input!

I'm not exactly new, but I sure did not know about that. Thanks for the info. And yes, it does get a little steamy with Briscoe on the scene....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2002, 02:21:39 AM »
You know Steve that i'm always waiting for his return :-* :-*
You know i would have been in those pickets lines

jennifer

THe Cape now has SCI FI finally!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2002, 03:50:43 AM »
It wasn't overdone. . .wonder who was directing that day?  Cuz they didn't get "bigger and bigger". . .

Lela Swift. :)