Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0758  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0758
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 05:29:18 AM »
Don't you just love great shots.  I pay attention to a lot of production stuff.  They are really behind what makes a show tick!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »
Judith shows in these scenes that she really cares about Jamison and his welfare – probably more than his real parents do.  Edward occasionally shows it, but at least at this stage you can still wonder if it’s because it’s his son and heir as much as because Jamison is Jamison.  Judith cares about JAMISON.
That didn't ring true to me.  It seemed to me that it was convenient for this episode because Joan Bennett was in it, but that we were being asked to assume that the same relationship existed between Judith and Jamison as there was between Elizabeth and David simply because the same two actors were playing aunt and nephew, and I thought it was lazy of the writers.

I was surprised to see the primary afghan at the Old House.  Usually we see the second banana afghan there - but then again, the secondary afghan is usually up in Josette's room, and maybe they thought Barnabas would throw a fit if he heard that anything in Josette's room had been disturbed.

The ceremony by Quentin and Angelique is very exciting. Weird, but exciting.
Yes, indeed.  As Quentin and Angelique knelt by the fire, I had a real feeling of infernal doings going on, and that Quentin was quite right to be leary of calling on Set.

They know that Jamison is safe while Laura focuses on them.
That assumption bothered me.  I wondered why Laura didn't just grab Jamison and make her exit.  But I guess Ra is insisting on both Jamison and Nora, and Nora's putting up a fight.  Hurray for Ra!  If he were a proper Victorian god, he would tell Laura to leave Nora behind because girls don't matter.

I liked the meeting of supernatural beings - witch, werewolf, and phoenix - in the foyer, with Judith having no idea of what rarefied company she was keeping.  When Angelique muted Laura, I thought Laura was going to attack Angelique physically and we would have a fine nails-out spectacle, but I was disappointed.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 07:28:43 PM »