Author Topic: The True Mistress of Collinwood  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The True Mistress of Collinwood
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
My hat's off to El Misterioso once again for today's fiercely ruling Hoffman portrait. There can be only ONE, indeed!

Her expression here reminds me of the scene where Hoffman informs AngelExis re Maggie Collins:  "I HATE having to take ORDERS from her!"

Choice stuff and one of the many reasons why I'll always be a huge fan of PT 1970.  Perhaps we'll get a Tim Stokes capture from one of his PT appearances this year?  Of course, that's still some months away...

G.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The True Mistress of Collinwood
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »
There should be a picture of Quentin immediately following, with the caption saying 'You're fired Hoffman; pack your things and get out before I release the dogs!' (in true Quentin style) 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:26:09 AM »
I love that moment and the way Grayson delivers the line.  (But then, I love so much about 1970PT.)

1970PT: Ep #981 - Hoffman: 'There can only ever be one
mistress of Collinwood.'

Perhaps we'll get a Tim Stokes capture from one of his PT appearances this year?

I don't know - he doesn't show up until June and I haven't even looked at the quotes for April yet.  [embb]  But we'll see...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:46:59 AM »
I almost commented on that picture yesterday, so now that it's here "more permanently," I might as well!

At first glance, the plant and the candle holders seem almost like part of her hair, it's as if there are a bunch of sharp spikes sticking out from her head!  Once I looked at it more closely, it was obvious what it was, but it seemed very much in keeping with the expression on her face!!  [laugh]
Josette

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »
indeed...

of the later storylines parallel-time is definitely a favorite.hoffman is a big part of that.

it was a very well crafted,consice storyline if i recall which is ironic since it was created on the fly because so many of the "major" players were off doing the movie and this plot could primarily be populated by actors not heavily involved.i would have liked to have seen more of bennett,barrett,edmonds and so forth but david selby and lara parker certainly got the opportunity to take ownership.

if i recall it was told from a slightly more "adult" sensibility than some other storylines(read less monsters)and i appreciated that.

love hoffman!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
Hmmm, guess I'm in the minority here. I found the parallel timeline a bit boring (actually fast-forwarded through some of it - shocking I know  [easter_smiley] ) Guess I didn't think Dark Shadows was DS without any kind of paranormal stuff (aisde from [spoiler]the switcharoo Angelique made with her twin).[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »
Well, the way John Yeagar "appreciated" Maggie Collins' hairbrush in one scene I don't think I'll ever forget was certainly "adult"--I also love Yeagar's scene with AngelExis (which I think is in the same show).

In some ways, AngelExis' attempts at Witchcraft were more realistic than the "SuperWitch" stuff Angelique was pulling in our time--AngelExis wasn't really in control of her own powers and kept over shooting the mark, which I thought leant more tension and suspense to the way in which the Witchy stuff was used in this storyline.

And then, with the murder mystery we get a combination of the old Agatha Christie country house mystery genre, which is another perennial favorite--yep, PT 1970 really was "the stuff"!

G.

Offline fanforever

• Junior Poster
  • You and your teastrainer were absolutely brilliant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:47 AM »
Although the first PT storyline is, IMO, the weakest because of the loss of important characters for so long, I do appreciate the murder mystery and all involved with Angelique/Alexis. The "yelling Quentin" did get a bit boring, though. [sleepingy]
There has to be more . . . More . . . MORE!!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 02:45:02 AM »
I did miss the vets (while they were filming HODS) but I LOVE 1970 PT!  It was a nice change of pace and I love the color schems in particular.....
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/