Author Topic: "Extra-Special, First Time Ever Surprise"  (Read 2345 times)

ClaudeNorth

"Extra-Special, First Time Ever Surprise"
« on: July 03, 2002, 08:37:47 AM »
I am very excited about the announcement that was made in another thread on this board.  I'm sure everyone will be wondering what the surprise will be, and I look forward to reading everyone's speculative comments.

Personally, I suspect that the surprise will be an appearance by David Henesy, Dan Curtis, or Alexandra Moltke Isles.

Here's to 2003!

Regards,

John

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "Extra-Special, First Time Ever Surprise"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 09:19:09 AM »
There's no way on heaven or on earth that DC will ever come to one of these events. If there ever was, the Friday debacle with KLS certainly ruined that for good.

My bet is on Henesy. It makes sense. His mother was probably at this year's show to test the waters and depending on her experiences, will probably convince him to come.

Don't think it'll be Moltke. She's too worried about people asking her inappropriate questions about her relationship with Claus Von Bulow...and honestly, who could blame her.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 09:54:20 AM »
I'm guessing that the special, first-time-ever surprise is that everything will run on schedule.

Then again, that's probably wishful thinking. [lghy]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Connie

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 12:12:35 PM »
I'm guessing that the special, first-time-ever surprise is that everything will run on schedule.

[chkyb]  [hello]  [nuts]  

ROFLMAO ![/b]

(Sorry...this girl cracks me up)

-CLC

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 04:04:58 PM »
What are the chances that " special first time surprise" will cancel due to whatever reasons. ::)
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
hey GangRe: "Extra-Special, First Time Ever Surprise"
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 06:22:06 PM »
Hey Gang,

I just want to know when Bob O'Connell and the lovely and alluring Lovelady Powell will be making their first (?) appearance at a Dark Shadows Festival?

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender

PS Is the lovely and alluring Lovelady Powell, quite possibly, the better half of the one and only Addison Powell?  In any event, Addison Powell rocks!!!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 08:07:13 PM »
My bet is on Henesy. It makes sense. His mother was probably at this year's show to test the waters and depending on her experiences, will probably convince him to come.
Spooky
it's as if you were in the room - this is exactly what my sister and I were saying last night!
Don't think it'll be Moltke. She's too worried about people asking her inappropriate questions about her relationship with Claus Von Bulow...and honestly, who could blame her.

We didn't discuss this possibility but not coming for the above reason makes complete sense. Still, it would be amazing if she were to make it somehow.  Maybe she could forego the Q&A sessions.

Whoever or whatever it is I'm looking forward to it and hope it pans out.  Guess we'll see!
[peace]

~fingers crossed~

“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 09:09:18 PM »
What announcement was that, Claude?  I am intrigued.  Does this means there will be a special never-before-seen guest at the 2003 Fest in New York?  I do hope to make it next year!

What a pity that DC never comes to these Fests.  I still remember Gene Roddenberry's and Majel Barrett's appearance at a Trek Con many, many moons ago.  Still, it would be great to see Mr. Henesy or Ms. Moltke, too.

Love your comment, MsCriseyde!  [lghy]

-Happybat, paraphrasing Dr. McCoy:

"Dammit, Jim ... I'm a cousin, not a guest!"
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2002, 09:23:41 PM »
If they announced the dates for next year, does that mean they already have the venue booked?  I'd assume so.

So where is the 2003 Fest going to be held?  There are hotels in New York City where you ALREADY can't get a room for next August!!.....how early do they usually announce?

Rainey, who might consider it since it's "only a train ride away" as Midnite reminded me!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2002, 10:47:40 PM »

Geez, is that what everybody here really wants to know about?  Am I the only one who couldn't care less about that aspect of her life?  ;)

My stab at it is that the special surpise will be Collinwood -- i.e, the con will take place there!  (Yeah, right...dream on...  ::)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2002, 11:55:13 PM »
Sorry-- I assumed the location had already been given out here, though come to think of it, it was on Joe's webpage that it was mentioned.  I'll copy what was written in the Festival program:

DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL
Returns to New York on August 8-10, 2003
with an extra special, first-time ever surprise!

FOR ADVANCE INFORMATION, SEND A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE TO:
Dark Shadows
P.O. Box 92
Maplewood, NY  07040

www.darkshadowsfestival.com

Offline Lindsey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2002, 01:45:16 AM »
"First-time EVER surprise!"

Could the surprise not actually be a person?! It does not come out and say there will be a new guest, so it could be almost anything! And I can't believe we have to wait a whole year to find out...!

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2002, 01:57:02 AM »

I hate those dates, my daughter's birthday is August 7th, just the day before the Dark Shadows Festival.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline mfmdpt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2002, 02:30:22 AM »

Now THAT would be a first time ever surprise! But I think there's a better chance of seeing Alexandra at a Fest than us ever seeing that happen. LOL!
"I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable." - Depeche Mode (Strangelove)

Offline mfmdpt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2002, 02:34:19 AM »
Geez, is that what everybody here really wants to know about?

I doubt many fans care about it. But there only needs to be one who'd be brazen enough to bring it up. And you just know that one would be there. :(
"I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable." - Depeche Mode (Strangelove)