Author Topic: Hangman  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Hangman
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
Do we know who portrayed the Hangman in today's snapshot from 1796?  He looks like quite the Sixties cutie.

I was watching one of the promo reels for the series WorldVision produced (on the extras disc from "DS the Beginning volume 6") over the weekend and had to laugh when the v/o with the fake Lugosi accent had to utter the line about our beloved show having been "expensively produced."  The first phrase that popped into my had was, "but with no more than five actors per show."  LOL!  This episode was one of the few after 1966 where DC allowed them to spring for some much needed extras.

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Hangman
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 12:08:19 AM »
Love  those  sixties  cuties!  :0)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 05:17:07 AM »
Do we know who portrayed the Hangman in today's snapshot from 1796?  He looks like quite the Sixties cutie.

The description kinda surprised me, but I'm sure it was Howard Honig in the picture.  He pops up once in a while in episodic TV shows from the 70s and 80s.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 06:49:40 AM »
I was waiting for some sort of remark about how the hangman was hung, and nothin'...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
Thanks, Midnite!  I realize Howard was on the more average-looking side, but I still saw potential for cuteness in that shot.

G. the indefatigable (!)