Author Topic: Just When YOu Thought It Was Safe......  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Just When YOu Thought It Was Safe......
« on: July 03, 2002, 01:59:47 AM »
...to go to the forum.....

I'm Baaaaackkkk......... 8) 8)

Made it back safe and sound from the fest in the land o' LA!  Made a lot of new friends and had a lot of fun with old ones!  I'll post a more detailed fest report later!  Right now...it's dinner time!!!!! ;D ;D

[shadow=purple,left,300]Always, Minja  8) 8)[/shadow]

I Met David Selby...YeeeHahhh!!! ;D[/color]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
Re: Just When YOu Thought It Was Safe......
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 02:57:45 AM »
I Met David Selby...YeeeHahhh!!!

Uh oh... Someone's going to be completely unmanageable for a while.

;D

[shadow=black,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 03:40:09 AM »

Hi Minja, welcome back! I'm glad I got to meet you at the Fest, looking forward to your report. That's neat that you met David Selby. I had met him before, but this time, after having my pic taken with him, I actually got to sit at the table and talk to him for a couple of minutes. It's unusual to get to do that with any of them. You usually have to move right along, but no one else was waiting for an autograph at that rare moment. Glad you're back safe and sound Minja!  :)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 04:36:53 AM »
I Met David Selby...YeeeHahhh!!!

OOOOOOhhhhhhh, I'm so excited! Let's see, that makes it only TWO degrees of separation for me! (Or is it one?) ANYWAY, I'm getting warmer......!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 08:09:40 AM »
Welcome back, Minja!  :D  It was lovely to meet you!  I'm also looking forward to reading your report once you get settled back at home.  Now, it's about time that I began writing my own account of the Festival...

ProfStokes

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2002, 08:19:46 AM »
Hi Minja. Nice meeting you on Saturday.  ;DSorry I couldn't join you at the piano. I wasn't staying in the hotel and had a long trek back to LA.

I understand how you recognized me, as I had done the presentation that afternoon, but how did you recognize Stuart? We were both quite flummoxed when you called to us from across the room! :o

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2002, 09:26:10 AM »
Welcome home!  Can't wait to hear how your photo with the Q-Man came out.  :D

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2002, 05:04:30 AM »
Hey Folks,

Sorry to keep you waiting for my fest report.  It's been hectic upon my return.  It's going to be a short report.

Disney was totally awesome!  I'm actually not a big amusement park fan, but Disney blew me away!  It was beautiful and the rides with their special effects were thrilling!

Anaheim is a beautiful city!  So clean and flowers EVERYWHERE!!! And PALM TREES!!! My first time seeing them!  Did I mention this was the first time I've been west of Salina, KS?

The fest was a total hoot!  Non-stop friends and partying!  And the stars!  I have pics of Selby and KLS (Ringo I will get them up when possible, please breathe)!  And my fellow fans, who I won't mention by name since I'll surely forget someone due to the fact I killed off plenty brain cells there.....you are the best!!!
You helped make my weekend extra special  Big hugs to all of you!

I'm sorry this report is so short, and lacking in detail and mucho Selby gushing.  My mother-in-law,in Pennsylvania,  who has cancer, is in the hospital and it isn't looking good.  Sorry to be a downer here at the end, but I wanted y'all to know why my report is so short and choppy.  And I'll get pics up and e-mailed as soon as possible. Luv Ya!!!!

[shadow=purple,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]

Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2002, 06:38:02 AM »
I'm sorry this report is so short, and lacking in detail and mucho Selby gushing.  My mother-in-law,in Pennsylvania,  who has cancer, is in the hospital and it isn't looking good.  Sorry to be a downer here at the end, but I wanted y'all to know why my report is so short and choppy.  And I'll get pics up and e-mailed as soon as possible. Luv Ya!!!!

Selby gushing is always more than welcome, Minja! [silly] [nuts] [hello] I'm so sorry 2 hear about your mother-in-law, though  :'(
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^