Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 909 times)

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
Please help!
« on: July 02, 2002, 11:02:08 PM »
Well, I did a foolish thing - I decided to change my e-mail address on this forum to the one I have at home.  When I did so, I got the message that I would have a new password, but nothing came to either my old (work) or home address.

I now relent and would be happy to keep my old work e-mail address.  However, I don't recall my old password because I never needed it before.

What do I do?  I'd hate to be a newbie again!  :'(

Please advise!

Yours,

Happybat (kicking herself for fiddling with her profile)
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2002, 04:20:56 AM »
Happybat,

Whenever an email address is changed, a new password is issued and the reason you didn't receive the new one is that mail still cannot get through aol servers from dsboards.  But this was easily fixed--  I changed your registered address back to what it was previously, which means another new password was sent to that addy.  If you don't receive it, which occasionally happens with other servers too, then please let MB or myself know and we can send it to you.

To change to an address that's accessible from home, I'd recommend you open a hotmail, yahoo, juno or other free mail service.  And please let me know if you have any questions about any of this.  We want to keep Happybat happy. :)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2002, 07:38:01 AM »
Well, I did a foolish thing - I decided to change my e-mail address on this forum to the one I have at home.

That's a no-no. But as Midnite said, it's certainly one that we can easily fix. [wink2]  

Happybat (kicking herself for fiddling with her profile)

Please don't kick yourself! :) You only made an honest mistake, and everything else in your profile can be changed without affecting your registration at all.
The point of sending out a new password and cutting off access is so that someone can't register with the forum with a valid e-mail address and then turn around and substitute an invalid one, thinking that if they want to cause trouble they will have covered their tracks.

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2002, 08:59:49 PM »
Hi!

I appreciate your coming to my aid so quickly.  God knows I'll never do that again!

However, I still haven't secured my new password through either addresses.  Could you please send it to me via this address, which is the one I want to keep?

Many shadowy thanks!

Happybat, who longs to be a Cousin again.  [bawl]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2002, 09:32:27 PM »
Could you please send it to me via this address, which is the one I want to keep?

Sure. I'll do that for you right away! :)