Author Topic: 2009 DS Festival Hotel Preview -- Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel - Part 2  (Read 9961 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I thought the 2003 Fest location in Brooklyn was perfect.  Great hotel with lots of space, plenty of parking (which we needed because we came by car for our one-day visit), wonderful neighborhood with gazillions of restaurants and cafes (with many of them inexpensively priced!), varieties of stores.  Too bad they couldn't do it there again.

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
There's no note on the hotel website about a free airport shuttle.  Instead, they talk about cab prices to the train station and airport.

Doesn't PATH have an airport stop?  Sounds as if the most sensible way to get there is to take PATH to the airport and then hop a free shuttle.  Or, if the free shuttles turn out to be non-existent, take a cab (and make sure you budget the $30 bucks there and back for it).

I thought the Brooklyn hotel was fine.  THIS is simply Looney-tunes--as in Pepe le PEW!

G.

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
The PATH goes ito Newark Penn Station you would have to tansfer to New Jersey Transit get to the Newark Liberty Airport Station.
Dan

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
There's no note on the hotel website about a free airport shuttle.

It's on the hotel's Maps & Transportation page.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Sadly, I will not be attending (again) this year having just returned from NYC and also some unexpected household expenses came up.  My AC  broke, fridge broke and my TV too.  All in the month of June [ghost_tongue2]

Anyway, I flew in/out of Newark and the hotel is very close and there is a shuttle which I saw run by frequently while waiting for my car service.  If anyone is looking for transportation from other airports beyond a taxi then I recommend a company that I used several times while visiting the city.  WWW.Dial7.com.  Cheaper and better service than a taxi.

I will really miss everyone~
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
Teresalita, I'm hoping for a miracle for you. 

Since there's apparently hardly any stores nearby, what kind of food/snacks should I bring with me?

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
LdyAnne, do you know if a person had to book the shuttle in advance, or can you call the hotel from the airport to get it?

I don't know but I believe there is a courtsey phone, I am taking the direct hotel number with me

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
I wonder what the one-hour Friday night slot labelled "Surprise Dark Shadows screening" portends?

Hope anyone who's there can post a review.

G.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
It could be a behind the scenes film presentation from the new DS movie-bad joke. When they use the word surprise, often I am not. But I do hope it is a good one.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
I am registering now and want to know if anyone knows how to get to the hotel from Queens?

You might want to go through the old mssg and find where I posted links on how to take bus from airport to Port Authority and the Newark airport bus from there.  OR if you're used to doing subway (I haven't been able to take subways in 12 years, since I became handicapped, so can't help you on NYC subways anymore) take subway to Port Authority at 42nd & 8th then Newark Airport bus.  The bus is only $15 ea way once you reach Port Authority.

Charles Ellis, you might want to look into something similar, if feasible from SI -- the cab fare will be total extortion!

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
OK, but does the bus stop by the hotel?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Charles_E, I believe this is what she meant, explained in another topic:
a bus ... It will take you right to the airport where you can get hotel shuttle,  See if that works for your location.

Offline JVjr

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Does anyone know what is the exit number the hotel is located? I am coming from the south. JVjr

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
NJ Turnpike Exit 13A to Route 1/9 (Spring Street) North  the hotel is on the other side of the street You will have to use the U Turn on the  McClennan Street overpass that is the way I know.
I think you may also be able to hit it from Exit 14 going  south on 1/9 (Spring Street).
Dan