Author Topic: David H's Mom  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
David H's Mom
« on: July 01, 2002, 04:39:54 AM »
Okay...someone (WITHOUT being "gossipy) tell me what she was like...approx age...
and does she say if she still has a relationship w/David?
Grandchildren?
If he'll  ever attend a fest?

Drooling......

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
Re: David H's Mom
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 08:12:40 AM »
Okay...someone (WITHOUT being "gossipy) tell me what she was like...approx age...
Grandchildren?

I'm interested too. Isn't kind of unusal for a relative
of one of the actors to be part of the fest in this matter?

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 03:26:49 PM »
What amazes me - by looking at the pics - is that everyone has a friend with a mom who looks exactly like her!  I could just picture myself, visiting her with a friend, just yacking away and drinking Yoo-Hoo's.

Gerard

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 05:25:22 PM »
Isn't kind of unusal for a relative
of one of the actors to be part of the fest in this matter?

From what I understand--warranted or not, Henesy's mom has always been stuck with this stage-mother-from-hell rap, worse than the stories of Brooke Shields' mom. I get the impression that she defends herself on those "charges" whenever and wherever possible.

There was a time when David Henesy, for whatever reason, rejected his DS legacy, saying how he was forced into acting by his mom...though he has since backed down from that (just a little) and seems to not have such a problem with DS now.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 08:34:42 AM »
Grandchildren?

Drooling......

She appeared to be in her mid-60s.  Does "psychic work" e.g. past life regressions now.  David H has 3 children i think it is.  And she did mention several times that "some one" questioned her parental methods (read KLS's book and you'll know who that someone was or see my avatar to the left).  I thought to quote Shakespeare, she "doth protest too much". . . .

Here's her webs ite:
http://www.jeanneavery.com
Julia99

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 09:01:02 AM »
Welcome back, Julia99; I hope that you had a nice return trip.

Jeanne Avery did speak about her latest granddaughter, a toddler given to theatrics.  According to Avery's anecdote, the little girl (whose name escapes me just now) one day dropped one of her stuffed toys on the floor, then cried bitterly as she tried to comfort and tend to it.  Avery realized that the girl was trying to get attention when she repeated the action several times.  Henesy's oldest son (Luke?) also demonstrates an interest in acting.

Jeanne Avery did do her best to dispel the "stage mom" rumors.  She explained that she'd had nothing to do with David's decision to act.   As she told it, he came home from school one day and told her that he was going to be on Broadway and that she had to call the stage manager.  Because David was so young, Avery believed that he was telling stories and didn't think anything of it at the time until the stage manager called her ( on the day of Kennedy's assassination) to say that he was holding a role for David in one of Mary Martin's plays (I believe it was called Jenny.)  Later, David was inspired by a performance of Oliver to practice his singing and eventually did earn a role in the musical as "the laughing boy."

Avery told the story of David getting the role on "Dark Shadows" of course.  He felt very confident after auditioning for the show, and told his mother that he was sure he'd gotten the part.  As with his Broadway debut, Henesy's mother initially didn't place much importance on the issue until David mentioned that he'd be working with "some old actress named Joan Bennett." It seems that Avery was a major Joan Bennett fan at the time.  She again stressed that she'd had nothing to do with getting him the role or pushing him to audition for it.  In fact, Avery mentioned that David's decision to act complicated the family's life as they struggled with personal schedules and travel arrangements.  She also indicated that as a single, working mother, she had little time to spend with her children and felt guilty about this.  Since she was also an actress, she thought that David's acting would give them a chance to further bond.

Henesy currently owns and operates a successful restaurant in Cartagena, Columbia, which is frequented by major politicians and celebrities of the entertainment world.  Avery does past life regression therapy for these same clients.

ProfStokes