Author Topic: Poor David  (Read 695 times)

Offline jthomas_123

• Junior Poster
  • I love Maggie!
    • View Profile
Poor David
« on: June 29, 2002, 09:25:14 AM »
Just a comment. I seriously feel bad for David. Everyone's mean to him. Especially Roger and Mrs. Johnson :'(. There are no other kids in his house to 'play' with, until Amy comes, but there possessed. Yeah, David may be a brat sometimes. But, can you blame him, his dad hates him. And worst of all, he doesn't go to school, so that means no girls. :-/

Someone should call Social Services! ;)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Poor David
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 03:42:39 PM »
You speak the truth.  It's apparent David is a highly intelligent and imaginative kid who probably knows more than the adults surrounding him.  Roger is better than he used to be, but still, all of the Collinses seem reserved, and there's virtually no affection given this kid at all.  Bored, lonely, ignored--no wonder David fiddled with his father's bleeder valve and locked Vicki up in a deserted part of the house.  He's crying for attention and no one is listening, and that can only elicit bad behavior as a means to getting that attention!

Love, Robin

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Poor David
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 08:57:46 AM »
I think it was worse for him before Vicky came along. At least she managed to give him some affection, well, until Jeff Clark came along anyway. Which reminds me btw how different she was towards David when she was engaged to Burke Devlin. I remember how she kept putting off the wedding because David wasn't "well" and how she kept telling Burke that she just couldn't leave David.  With Jeff Clark though, it's a different story.

"Calamity Jane"