Author Topic: The Daily Flub Award  (Read 1018 times)

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
The Daily Flub Award
« on: June 28, 2002, 03:07:56 AM »
And Thursday's Big Flub Award goes to....

[roll3] LARA PARKER [roll3]

After Cassandra puts Willie under her spell and questions him, she tells him to go back to Collinwood; trouble is that they're standing in front of Collinwood!

D'oh!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Daily Flub Award
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 06:54:19 AM »
and a close second to nicholas for his "if you are able to obtain..un........if you are unable to obtain the information". nicholas is a great character, but he is so cool, like to see him squirm a little ;D
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 09:18:55 PM »
After Cassandra puts Willie under her spell and questions him, she tells him to go back to Collinwood; trouble is that they're standing in front of Collinwood!

D'oh!

LOL!  Do you suppose the script said, "Go to the house of the curse"?  It wouldn't be the first time that line led to memory loss.  ;)

and a close second to nicholas for his "if you are able to obtain..un........if you are unable to obtain the information". nicholas is a great character, but he is so cool, like to see him squirm a little ;D

For 3rd place, I submit this line from one of Thursday's eps:

Nicholas to Cassandra:  "Congratulations, my dear.  For once you've succeeded in being successful."

Huh?  ?!?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 09:43:09 PM »
For 3rd place, I submit this line from one of Thursday's eps:

Nicholas to Cassandra:  "Congratulations, my dear.  For once you've succeeded in being successful."

Huh?  ?!?

Well, we can thank Ron Sproat for that one - IF he wrote it as delivered and HAA didn't actually mangle his dialogue. [winkb]

But if you think about it, it does make some sense in a roundabout, nonsensical way. [wink2]

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 06:07:27 AM »
Tuesday's Daily Flub Award goes to...

[sun]JONATHAN FRID...[fangs]

...who looked at the TelePrompTer so many times during Act One of the first episode that it drove Robert Rodan to the point of distraction; but he played it nicely into Adam's newfound paranoia, like there was something behind him...

THEN:

This little gem in the second episode:

BARNABAS (to Carolyn): Please, Vicki...aren't you concerned about Vicki's whereabouts?

Nancy Barrett kind of looked at him, like: "Huh?!"

D'oh!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...