Author Topic: David Collins: Latch-Key Kid Of Evil  (Read 1677 times)

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
David Collins: Latch-Key Kid Of Evil
« on: June 27, 2002, 08:59:44 PM »
The last couple of days have shown us why David was always in some kind of mischievous and/or trouble: nobody paid attention to this kid!

Carolyn blew him off, as did Willie, stepmom Cassandra (intially anyway--'til she found out what was on the tape!) & Roger (offscreen).

Poor kid.

No wonder he was always doing brake jobs or getting himself possessed by spirits!

[ignore]
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: David Collins: Latch-Key Kid Of Evil
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 10:13:05 PM »
Well, I guess you know he is in trouble when his warmest, closest relationship is with Mrs. Johnson! (She did so very well with her own son and you can't even imagine her knowing what a hug IS)....

Roger doesn't have much warmth to give him, he manages on occasion, but he also ignores him repeatedly off and ON screen. I still think ol' Rog needs me in his life!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 12:09:50 AM »
Many years ago, I cited The Little Monster as the inspiration for my 'special, delicate operation!' [peace]

I think he would look great behind the bricks with The So-Called-Rev. ;)

cheers,
Ringo [jester]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 01:05:07 AM »
I feel so sorry for David. He has no playmates whatsoever. He is home-school and apparently doesn't even know any children his age. Even Sarah seems to be gone and forgotten. He must have been thrilled when Amy finally arrived.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2002, 02:34:43 AM »
Roger doesn't have much warmth to give him, he manages on occasion, but he also ignores him repeatedly off and ON screen. I still think ol' Rog needs me in his life!

The sad thing is I think I could be a better parent to David than Roger is and that's pretty scary (me + small children=them running in the opposite direction).  You watch this and you just know that David is headed straight for addiction problems or at the very least very expensive therapy.

Why they didn't enroll him in a private day school is beyond me.  Vicki clearly isn't teaching him and his next tutor is no teacher either.  Yeah, yeah, I know that to be a governess you don't have to be, but she was a frigging waitress for godsakes.  You would think that the state of Maine would have home schooled children taking some kind of competency exam, wouldn't you?

Every so often Roger makes a half-hearted try at being a parent, but his timing usually stinks and I often get the feeling that he just doesn't know what the hell he's doing . . .

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2002, 05:58:25 AM »
I think children are an inconvience to Roger Collins.  You know the old adage, children are to be seen but not heard.  Well he doesn't even want to see them.

Have the nanny educate him and send him on his way, don't bother me about it.

Roger seems so cold at times, I wonder how he got a kid in the first place.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2002, 06:03:57 AM »
Roger seems so cold at times, I wonder how he got a kid in the first place.

Well, there is backstory for that and I can see how he'd be bitter, doubting that David is even his son, but none of that is David's fault, of course.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2002, 10:07:33 AM »
I feel so sorry for David. He has no playmates whatsoever. He is home-school and apparently doesn't even know any children his age. Even Sarah seems to be gone and forgotten. He must have been thrilled when Amy finally arrived.

I agree with you. The poor kid is so alone & bored most of the time that it's no wonder he gets himself into mischief.  They're always shooing him off or telling him to go to bed. The saddest part of this is that the poor kid is right 99 percent of the time when he has a tale to tell.  It's just too bad that one bothers to listen.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2002, 04:47:51 PM »
If you study the Collins family tree, you notice that David's mother is also his great grandmother.  You see,  Roger married his own grandmother.  With that kind of start in life, the poor kid was doomed from the beginning.  The only other comparable family tree I can think of is Brooke Forrester on Bold and Beautiful, but I still think the Collins' have her beat.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2002, 12:01:28 AM »
Hey, they could have bought David a TV and kept him out of their hair.  A tool often used by modern parents. I will deny it if any ones says I have used that trick.  They never thought of camp either...  

Birdie--tonight I will toast the group in LA have a festing time
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2002, 12:10:46 AM »
....and kept him out of their hair.  
Birdie--tonight I will toast the group in LA have a festing time

AGAIN with the HAIR THING! ;)

excellent idea for an 'absent fester's toast' - at midnight [eastern, facing the moon]?

cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2002, 12:23:32 AM »
I think Roger was bringing up David the European way--governess, then boarding school. The hired help took care of the little darlings until they were ready to be shipped off.

Maybe he could've been accepted in a Vo-tec program like Automotive Skills since David did have promise in that field.

Who knows? He could've been the forerunner of Jiffy Lube!!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2002, 04:09:09 AM »
If you study the Collins family tree, you notice that David's mother is also his great grandmother.  You see,  Roger married his own grandmother.

That's funny, I never heard it put it that way and I never thought of it! Wow, poor kid! POOR ROGER!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2002, 04:35:44 AM »
Hey, they could have bought David a TV and kept him out of their hair.  A tool often used by modern parents. I will deny it if any ones says I have used that trick.

That was before the days of cable, and they probably got lousy reception in Collinsport, don't you imagine?  ;)

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2002, 05:00:25 AM »
That was before the days of cable, and they probably got lousy reception in Collinsport, don't you imagine?  ;)

Well, ABC was running this gothic soap opera every afternoon that David could've watched...  ;D

Btw: I dug how on Friday [or is that Frid-day? ;D], David was scooting around in a Jim Fowler safari outfit.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...