Author Topic: Hurry Up  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Hurry Up
« on: June 26, 2002, 08:39:12 PM »
Okay, Julia decides she has buried Barnabas alive, then she hems and haws around forever getting around to digging him up.  I would have been right out the door with the shovel.  Stokes was a rather slow digger but he did say he wasn't used to such work.  Then Julia is brushing the dirt of the coffin before she opens it up.

For a life or death situation, really drawn out.  She's a doctor she should know every minute counts when a person has no oxygen.  She'd make a really poor EMT.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re: Hurry Up
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 01:02:12 AM »
listen, he's lived thru a lot worse and based on past behavior .. i wouldn't be rushin' to let him out either. . considering he's gonna know who's fault he was in there to begin with (not his own 'cuz he foolishly slept with a witch 200 years ago--anybody's fault but his). . remember that little drug he forced J to give him and how he reacted. . .she's gotta be thinkin' . . .my throat, what if he goes for my throat again??[/i]
Julia99

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 09:21:50 AM »
listen, he's lived thru a lot worse and based on past behavior .. i wouldn't be rushin' to let him out either. . .

The first time that I saw these episodes, I actually wondered if Julia might have (subconsciously of course) buried Barnabas alive on purpose to get back at him for the way he treated her in the past.

I wonder how much more air there is behind a brick wall than in a buried coffin...

ProfStokes

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 12:08:19 PM »
I just can't understand why Julia decided to do this in the first place.  If she'd suggested burying him in the coffin with a cross facing him, that would have kept him from rising--but he would have spent MORE torturous nights trapped inside, awakening at dusk, feeling hunger pangs for blood before being gratefully reclaimed back to slumber at dawn.  I can't imagine Julia doing that to Barnabas, but how could just placing him in a buried coffin prevent him from rising as a vampire?  That doesn't apply in any vampire lore I've ever seen!

Love, Robin

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2002, 12:52:11 PM »
I adore Julia, but sometimes I think she got her medical degree from an ad in the back of a comic book.

JULIA: "Well, I wanted sea monkeys...but being a doctor could be fun. I could pass out sedatives like they're Pez!"
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 06:05:16 PM »
IJULIA: "Well, I wanted sea monkeys...but being a doctor could be fun. I could pass out sedatives like they're Pez!"

LOL!!  That is so funny, Scout.  Gosh, I remember those wretched sea monkey ads myself.  Yes, I was one of the suckers who ordered them; my only defense being that I must have been about 9 or 10 at the time.  

Too bad DS never did anything with brine shrimp, eh?  [lghy]  :

BARNABAS:  Julia, the Sea Monkeys, they're hatching!

JULIA:  They're just brine shrimp, Barnabas.  David gave them to me as a gift.  I thought that maybe we could use Dr. Lang's notes and make them bigger and hungrier.

BARNABAS:  Bigger?  I don't understand.  

JULIA:  If we feed them this radioactive isotope they may be used as weapons against the evil that has gripped Collinwood.  

WILLY:  And besides, Mrs. Johnson says they'd be good for Sunday dinner!  

BARNABAS:  Julia, give Willy his sedative ... NOW!

[nuts]  

P.S. Ooops!  I just realized that what I did was probably a "no, no" on this forum.  A thousand pardons!

Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher