Author Topic: Desire in the Dust: rare Joan Bennett Film on FMC Sat 1/24  (Read 1712 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Desire in the Dust: rare Joan Bennett Film on FMC Sat 1/24
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 09:25:04 AM »
So far my knowledge of JB's film career is Scarlet Street (great, and she was great... I couldn't believe it was her when I finally figured it out!) and Father's Little Dividend, where she would have been interchangable with any other actress of the time.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 04:21:47 AM »
To add my 2 cents:

Angela Lansbury played Elvis Presley's mother (in Blue Hawaii) and Lawrence Harvey's mother (in The Manchurian Candidate).  She was just shy of ten years older than Elvis at the time she played his mother, and just three years older than Harvey when she played his mother.  Not to mention that, on DS, Louis Edmonds was 43 when he debuted as the 36-year-old younger brother of Liz Stoddard.

Great actors can play ALMOST any age, right?

Brian

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 09:46:29 PM »
I don't think that either Bette Davis or Susan Heyward was pleased when Bette had to portray Susan's Mother in the 1964 ultra-glossy soaper, Where Love Has Gone.  A film that boasts DeForest Kelley in a great Addison de Wit style role as a vitriolic art critic.

G.