Author Topic: SLAP tomorrow!  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
SLAP tomorrow!
« on: June 24, 2002, 06:20:51 AM »
S

P

O

I

L

E

R      Set your VCR's on Monday's 2nd episode Cass get's b**ch slapped by Julia .. hurrah!  [beer]
Julia99

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: SLAP tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 08:23:58 AM »
LOL!!!....I will be watching!!....I can't wait!

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 10:26:37 AM »
I love it ;D
I'll be watching!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2002, 05:21:23 PM »
Oh, one of my all time favorite episodes!  For me it is in the DS top ten.

I just LOVE Julia's expression as she walks away apres slap.  The look of satisfaction on her face speaks VOLUMES!  Vicki's line is a good one too.  And don't take your eyes off dear Cassandra as Vicki exits!

Some great shows coming up this week.

Gothick

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2002, 07:02:50 PM »
That was a great slap on today's episode, I thought today's episode was really great.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2002, 09:30:45 PM »

I like what Vickie said to Cassandra, that she deserves a whole lot more than just a slap.  ;D
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline MikeS

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2002, 12:12:20 AM »
That slap is one of dark Shadows' greatest moments!
It was great seeing it again.

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2002, 12:34:26 AM »
I loved that slap! When I was watching the scene I was thinking that if I was Julia/Victoria, I would've punched Cassandra out by now when all of the sudden Julia slaps Cassandra. That was a great scene. Vicki's comment after the slap was good, but I wish Vicki had followed Julia's example  ;) Angelique/Cassandra may have fooled everyone in 1795, but she isn't fooling anyone now (cept Roger).

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2002, 07:48:47 AM »
I loved that slap! When I was watching the scene I was thinking that if I was Julia/Victoria, I would've punched Cassandra out by now when all of the sudden Julia slaps Cassandra. That was a great scene. Vicki's comment after the slap was good, but I wish Vicki had followed Julia's example  ;)

Oh, yes!  I still remember the first time I saw this episode.  Cassandra walked into the room and I screamed at Julia to slap her.  What do you know, she did!  :)  Then I called to Vicki, "It's your turn."  Unfortunately, the writers must have felt that such violence went again gentle Victoria's image. Ah, well.  It's still a great episode for using the slow-motion button.  :)

ProfStokes    

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2002, 09:23:14 AM »
I hadn't specifically recalled it ahead of time, but seeing it again, it's definitely one of the show's best moments.  And Vicki's follow-up, too!
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2002, 09:24:33 AM »
Julia was just so cool when she gave Cassandra that well deserved slap!  Actually, I thought she was pretty easy on her and as Vicky stated she deserved much more than that.  I really wish Nickolas was there to see that too!   It's funny how she (Cassandra) lets some people get away with things and others she don't.  Just about everyone now has stood up to her, Barnabas, Julia, Carolyn, Prof.Stokes, and yes, even Vicky. So I find it strange that when poor Liz says one thing to her that she doesn't like, she decides to put the "death grip" on her? [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2002, 10:29:49 PM »
I enjoyed the slap and hope Grayson Hall enjoyed the scene, since as Magda in the 1897 story she gets manhandled rather badly by assorted characters.  Regarding Liz and Cassandra, I think there's a special dynamic (whoa, am I getting deep here!) between the characters.   See, I think Cassandra/Angelique sees Liz as the mistress of the house representing everything she wants to be.  You'd think a witch with all her powers would have everything she wanted, but I think Cassandra/Angelique really longs to be the lady of the manor, member of the DAR and everything that goes with it.  Go figure.

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2002, 11:46:33 PM »
Julia was just so cool when she gave Cassandra that well deserved slap!  Actually, I thought she was pretty easy on her and as Vicky stated she deserved much more than that.  I really wish Nickolas was there to see that too!   It's funny how she (Cassandra) lets some people get away with things and others she don't.  Just about everyone now has stood up to her, Barnabas, Julia, Carolyn, Prof.Stokes, and yes, even Vicky. So I find it strange that when poor Liz says one thing to her that she doesn't like, she decides to put the "death grip" on her? [hdscrt]

Well, Elizabeth was threatening to go to Roger right then and there and reveal that she'd seen Cassandra and Tony together in an embrace, so Cass needed a quick fix for that little problem - whereas Julia and Victoria don't have any concrete evidence against her and don't pose any particular, direct threat.

It would have been hysterical if Julia had slapped the wig right off of Cassandra, and Victoria could have gone "Ah-ha! I knew you were really Angelique!!!"
;D

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2002, 12:47:11 AM »
I enjoyed the slap and hope Grayson Hall enjoyed the scene, since as Magda in the 1897 story she gets manhandled rather badly by assorted characters.  

I keep hearing about how badly Magda gets treated. . can't wait to see it . ..who does it?? hints hints . . .
Julia99

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2002, 04:43:45 AM »
 Regarding Liz and Cassandra, I think there's a special dynamic (whoa, am I getting deep here!) between the characters.   See, I think Cassandra/Angelique sees Liz as the mistress of the house representing everything she wants to be.  You'd think a witch with all her powers would have everything she wanted, but I think Cassandra/Angelique really longs to be the lady of the manor, member of the DAR and everything that goes with it.  Go figure.

I totally agree with this.  Cassandra spent enough time saying that she had never had any money, that you know it rankled.  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga