Author Topic: coffee with the girls  (Read 2119 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
coffee with the girls
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:17:11 PM »
my mom thinks i spend too much money of coffee...

so as part of my christmas gift she got me a big basket from starbucks filled with three pounds of coffee beans,chai tea,biscotti and one of those travel tumblers.
the tumbler has a detachable bottom so you can slide pictures in to "create your very own tumbler".

so i've always wondered what one does with the "collectors postcards" that come with the dvd sets.

and i was thinking about how vicki and maggie shared lots of coffee and tea over the years.why shouldn't i "join" my favorite friends.
so i took the postcards from "the beginnings" dvd sets 1 and 2 of vicki and maggie and sure enough if i slid one in one side and one in the other they fit perfectly!

i like that maggie is wearing her waitresses uniform in the picture because then i can imagine that she had "served" me the coffee.

you know i love my girls. [snow_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: coffee with the girls
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 09:54:34 PM »

this thread needs pictures  [cup]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 10:45:12 PM »
I agree. I'd love to see pictures of the mug. :)

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:46:55 PM »
That sounds so cute. I'm kind of jealous, I want a Maggie/Viki tumbler too now.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »
Do they sell those tumblers individually?  I could be tempted to buy one and put in the picture from DVD set 25, of Julia and Flora Collins.  I'm not sure which I'd use for the second picture.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »
What a great idea!  I was just looking at some of those cards this weekend thinking hmmmm now what could I do with these?
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 04:50:27 AM »
That sounds so cute. I'm kind of jealous, I want a Maggie/Viki tumbler too now.

yeah it's cute...and kind of obsessive and scary.with d.s. the lines get blurred. [snow_silly]

i like carrying it on the subway in the morning because people look at it and try and figure out who it is.

lydia i do believe the mugs are sold separately.i like the sound of a julia/flora tumbler.

i wish i could post pictures but i don't have a digital camera. [snow_clown]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »
I wish there was one of those postcards available from the day when Julia and Cassandra had just returned from having lunch together with Prof. Stokes and enjoying "a fascinating conversation on the occult."  Both ladies were wearing gloves; I think Cassandra was wearing a lemon colored coat dress, while Julia was wearing one of her more tasteful suits.

MSC, I've been loaning the "DS The Beginning" DVDs to a chum of mine who has been swooning over them.  He is adamant that DS was NEVER so good as it was in '66.  Of course, he still hasn't had the chance to see Laura's introduction--he has vivid memories of her original storyline during the original broadcast in 1966/67.

G.

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »
I love that moment, especially the way Grayson puts the stress on the first syllable of 'occult' (AH-cult) and her rapid-fire delivery of the line.  Of course, I also love the idea of Julia, Cassandra, and Stokes having lunch together.  The 1966/7 episodes included many references to, and depictions of,  the niceties of Collinsport life -- shopping, lunching, etc. -- that were sadly lost as the show became increasingly focused on the supernatural.  What a treat if they had actually shown the three of them lunching at Stokes's house or, even better, a restaurant such as the one where Vicki often met that dreamy Frank Garner.  I imagine Cassandra sipping white wine, Stokes having an after-lunch brandy, and Julia ordering a Manhattan.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 12:19:54 AM »
Claude darling, I was so entranced with the idea of Julia, Cassandra and Stokes having lunch together that I wrote an entire story about the episode, once upon a time.

I love your ideas about the meeting.  I really wish we had gotten to see more of THIS and less of Adam running around in that silly green sweater pawing himself or any female within reach.

G.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 04:57:30 AM »
they were dabbling with a friendship between julia and cassandra during the early part of this storyline which for some reason was abandoned for other,less interesting things.

for me cassandra,and 1968 in general,was one of the great lost opportunities on the program.the possibilities of a dark domestic drama with cass at it's center were boundless.it could have been so much fun...

but instead we get the insufferable adam plot thrown in and it spoils everything.

but a julia/cassandra mug does sound charming.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
Claude darling, I was so entranced with the idea of Julia, Cassandra and Stokes having lunch together that I wrote an entire story about the episode, once upon a time.

I remember that story - by now I've forgotten all the details, but I know I loved it at the time.  If it still exists online, you should provide a link to it!!
Josette

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
You couldn't really have the TWO women who loved Barnabas beyond their own reason and health, as friends, now could you? 
Julia99

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
i like that maggie is wearing her waitresses uniform in the picture because then i can imagine that she had "served" me the coffee.

Maggie serves people coffee in mugs with her own picture on them?  What an E-G-O....!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 12:24:57 PM »
We already knew about her ego, from the picture of herself that she had in her bedroom at the Evans Cottage.