Author Topic: Willie Loomis Tribute Page has moved  (Read 1079 times)

Offline CallieWL

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Tribute Page
Willie Loomis Tribute Page has moved
« on: January 06, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
I've been meaning to post this for some time, but just now am getting around to it.  I moved my web site in October because AOL ceased its hosting services.  For those of you familiar with the Willie Loomis Tribute Page, please note the new URL.

http://www.fantrest.com/willie/index.htm

Thanks to all who visit!

—Mary

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
Re: Willie Loomis Tribute Page has moved
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
First time I've seen this--very well done! Thanks for posting the site! [snow_happy]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 10:52:58 PM »
Look. 47 people have looked at this post. If only half of them realized how magnificent the KarlenZines really are...
And what with my artwork. The only shame is that I never posted the naked Willie drawing. Tsk, tsk...
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline CallieWL

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:13:54 PM »
Thank you! (I've been away or I would've said so sooner.)  :)

Offline CallieWL

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
If only half of them realized how magnificent the KarlenZines really are...
And what with my artwork. The only shame is that I never posted the naked Willie drawing. Tsk, tsk...

Yes, this is true.  Janet, your artwork added a LOT to the zines!  Thank you! [hello]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »
Thanks for the update, and more thanks for moving the page and keeping it alive! 

It's encouraging to see that you're even considering another edition of Karlenzine.  As has been discussed a few times over here, zines are greatly missed, and I'm not optimistic on us ever seeing another WODS (and this from someone who has a novellette and a short story accepted and waiting for future publication for about three years now).

Best of luck with the pro novel.  [deal2] Don't know how widely it's known in DS fandom (since DS seems to no longer have many ties in common with the rest of media fandom), but many many fanzine writers have gone pro over time.  Folks like Peter David, Jackie Lichtenberg, Diane Duane, Susan Garrett, Roberta Rogow, Susan Matthews and Misty (Mercedes) Lackey. [computer] ALL started out writing for zines -- and some continued writing for them for FUN after they broke out as pro writers.   [book2]  That's not even mentioning non fiction writing credits by folks such as the late (and dearly missed by all who knew her) Joanie Winston. [sad10]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics