Author Topic: Today's Montage  (Read 834 times)

IluvBarnabas

Today's Montage
« on: January 05, 2009, 03:17:25 AM »
Great shot of Abigail...looking all high and mighty, responding with "I cannot find that answer satisfactory" in all her self-righteous glory.

As much as I disliked Abigail, I did so enjoy Clarice Blackburn's performance. Seeing the early episodes, especially during the [spoiler] Bill Malloy murder mystery [/spoiler] I saw a spark of Abigail in Mrs. Johnson, especially when she was talking with Maggie in the diner. However, I loved Mrs. Johnson from the start. Abigail,  while amusing at times, could be a mite irritating.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Montage
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:20:43 AM »
Even if I do say so myself, I was really pleased with how that capture came out:

1796: Ep #399 - Abigail: 'I cannot find that answer
satisfactory.'

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »
You have every right to be pleased over that capture, MB!  I'm just guessing here, but it seems like the meaningful sort of pose that Magnus was talking about when he described the images he likes to draw.

Today's montage image is from a scene that Jerry Lacy discussed during the last Brooklyn Fest-- He said that although it wasn't visible on camera, when Trask grabbed Vicki and screamed that line, Alexandra had actually walked too far inside of his long cape, and with each step they were being pulled lower until they eventually toppled out of view and onto the floor.

It worked with what was going on because it comes across as one of the most intense scenes on DS.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
Midnite, thanks so much for sharing Jerry's story about that scene.  It is indeed one of the most intense--and artistically successful--moments in the series.

I've really been enjoying the new captures MB has been sharing.  The one of Grayson from the other day having a Julia moment was simply ravishing!

Originally my favorite Clarice performance was as Minerva--such a marvelous mixture of venom, complacency, and self-righteousness (and you know that Minerva's scene with Laura still has the ability to make me scream)--but when I saw the original introduction of Mrs Johnson episodes from 1966, that trumped everything else.  I'm really sorry that the character lost some of her vinegar over the years, although I recently watched a marvelous episode from the Nicholas Blair storyline in 1968 where she was castigating Harry.  Nobody could deliver a tongue-lashing quite like Clarice!

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 05:07:24 AM »
Here's the capture/quote with Vicki and Trask:

1796: Ep #400 - Trask: 'I have the witch!'