Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0699  (Read 2705 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0699
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0699
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
It was fun to see Grayson Hall go up in close up and Jonathan Frid be the one who feeds her line.  Also enjoyed that Maggie was staying in Josette's room to further reinforce her former occupation of that room.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 05:31:55 AM »
So far, I think the only two characters who have gotten to have sheets when using the bed in Josette's room are Josette herself and, today, Maggie.  Maybe Kathryn Leigh Scott had it in her contract that she got sheets.

I can't believe that Barnabas thinks locking the mausoleum door will do any good.  It's sort of flimsy, and anyway, Willie had no trouble breaking the lock a couple of years ago.

Why did Maggie have that dream?  Clearly Quentin didn't send it to her.  Maybe Beth did, though if it had been Beth, then surely we would have seen her doing some weeping.  Or maybe Magda did, but Magda seems to have dropped out of the mix.  Madam Findlay was never in the Old House, more's the pity (it would have been such fun to watch!), and Ezra Braithwaite probably never was, so it seems unlikely that they would have been able to cause Maggie to have the dream there.  I'd have been less surprised if Julia had had the dream: she seems more prone to psychic spurts than Maggie does.  But Maggie's the ingenue, so Maggie got the dream.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 05:36:15 AM »
An afterthought: maybe Amy unwittingly ESP'ed the dream to Maggie.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:43:49 PM »
This was Maggie's second dream, though. Who has been giving them to her, I don't know...maybe Maggie's psychic abilities materalize once she moved to Collinwood.

Barnabas better make sure the door has a better lock....Willie did manage to break into it awfully easily, but then I don't think it was a very strong lock. Which surprises me because I would have thought that the caretaker would have made sure the mausoleum would be tight as a bug given how anxious he was to protect the rest of the dead.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 09:36:19 PM »
As KLS did the intro about the house being all but deserted, the slide of Collinwood was freaking backwards.

Ah, even in death, Quentin is a skirt chaser.  He was smokin' hot in that dream!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:33 AM »
It was fun to see Grayson Hall go up in close up and Jonathan Frid be the one who feeds her line.
Yes, it was. I was quite amused to hear Barnabas and Julia both uttering practically the same lines! [snow_laugh]

That was great acting on Denise's part when Quentin touched Amy and she froze, with her mouth open. [clap2] Chilling scene. [snow_shocked]

Wow! Barnabas finally found the hole in the wall that leads to Quentin's room! [snow_wow] It was neat when Maggie dreamed about where Quentin took her. The dream most certainly came from another source - I'm not sure who it was. (Beth? Magda? Psychic connection from Amy? Those are all good guesses.) [snow_huh]

I like how Maggie was speaking so matter-of-factly to Amy about David's plight. It harkens me back to a time when she was the no-nonsense waitress.  [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »
Ah, even in death, Quentin is a skirt chaser.  He was smokin' hot in that dream!

[naughty]  Of course!  He was in full Heathcliff mode  (they hadn't yet thrown Mr Rochester and Rhett Butler into the mix!).  Dark and Dangerous alpha males ALWAYS RULE!

And am I wrong but wasn't that the first time we see Quentin kissing a woman?   [kissgrin]

[gramophone]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 08:38:12 PM »
And am I wrong but wasn't that the first time we see Quentin kissing a woman?   [kissgrin]

Yes, it was.  [smlyb]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
That calls for a milestone! [milestone] ... And here's another one, just because... [milestone] It was the first time Quentin kissed a woman, after all! [love3]  That deserves another milestone! [snow_kiss]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »
That calls for a milestone! [milestone] ... And here's another one, just because... [milestone] It was the first time Quentin kissed a woman, after all! [love3]  That deserves another milestone! [snow_kiss]

Well, maybe not quite the first time...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 11:17:46 AM »
Well... It was the first time we saw him kiss a woman! [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
 [rofl10] <waves to Sally, which I should have done earlier.>

To (mis)quote Marlene Dietrich in Shanghai Lil  "It took more than ONE woman to make me Quentin Collins".

[laughing_devil]

Greetings to everyone from Washington DC.    Got in midday yesterday -- then of course the room wasn't ready and I went out and about to play.  The good news is that so far the wireless in the Days Inn is working as advertised.  Hope I don't jinx it ....  Reviews indicated a number of complaints about wireless being down for the reviewers' stay.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
[rofl10] <waves to Sally, which I should have done earlier.>
<waves back to Jeannie!> [wave]

Have fun in Washington, D.C.! [snow_cheesy] I've never been there myself. You must let us know how your trip's going. [thumb]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »
D.C. is great, Sally; but of course I'm a total history buff, so mileage may vary.  Being it's only 5 hrs or so drive from where I live in NY, I've been here a few times, starting with the senior trip in Jr. High School (we left at 6 am got back at midnight).  Been here 6 or more times with friends, but haven't made it back in over ten years, and it was nice to come back.  The bummer is that no one around here was free to come with me on either the first trip to see Selby's play in previews, or this one for the closing weekend.

I've been thinking of some sort of short trip report, but I'm undecided where to share it.  Should I post it in one of the update topics here, make a new one about the DC adventure or dump it on my website with the review I did?  Still not sure what's the best thing to do -- how OT it would be considered and what the interest level would be over here.  Won't be a lot about Selby,outside of the play. Fair warning -- I've yet to see him before or after a performance, and may not manage it at all.  Its not, after all, like it's someone he knows who could send a note back. Sometimes it just works out that way with live theater.

Saw the play yesterday and going again this evening and Sunday's matinee, which is the closing performance.  I've posted some stuff in the existing topics, if you've been reading those.  There's also the ubiquitous review on my website.

Jeannie